Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 11-May-2005, 16:01
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
STAR WARS III

Anyone else ready for this one?

OK, so I and II were pants, but the originals were and still are great, and by all accounts Episode III gets a good write up.

Got my tickets sorted for the 20th, nice big leather seat jobbie in the cinema
Old 11-May-2005, 16:05
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: www.knightroadraceteam.co.uk
but I thought it had a 12 rating?

C:P:P
Old 11-May-2005, 16:06
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
Originally posted by JPM

OK, so I and II were pants, but the originals were and still are great, and by all accounts Episode III gets a good write up.

Ooh, is that Gold Class? In Aus we have some smaller cinema's at your local complex that were fitted out with seats similar to first class airline seats, they would recline all the way back, and they'd be grouped in pairs with a small table between them. You could pre-order whatever you wanted to be brought out to you at certain times during the movie. I had some nachos and another beer brought out in the last one I saw while I was there (lord of the rings) and finished up with a slice of cheesecake and a coffee, 20 minutes from the end.

Do they have that here somewhere?
Old 11-May-2005, 16:10
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
Tony,

UCI have several cinemas that do a similar thing, I'm off to the printworks in Manchester, free bar area (Alcohol isn't free) with free nachos, chocolate, popcorn and hot/cold drinks. No recliners, but big leather sofa's and chairs in a seperate balcony to the main cinema, so you get the BIG screen experience.

MY-VUE (I think) have a "gold class" which sounds exactly the same as you describe, again there's one in Manchester (Lowry Centre) but that's fully booked up for ages, reclining leather seats, press a button for waiter service throughout the movie etc, smaller screens though from my experiences

C.... I am 12 at heart
Old 11-May-2005, 16:10
GTL

Talk about luxury! Over here, beverage delivery consists of half a bucket of coke being dropped in your lap as some clumsy tosser squeezes by to get to his seat!
Old 11-May-2005, 17:29
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait, can't wait

I watched H2G2 the other night and that was quite disappointing
Old 12-May-2005, 01:17
500SD

Mood: 2 for 1 mmm :)
i cannot wait for this to come out, only thing is im away backpacking around eastern europe for 2 weeks starting this saturday, so im gonna mass 4 cup finals and the release of starwars III. ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Old 12-May-2005, 08:56
Mille

Mood: Black Magic 999!
Got my tickets booked for this one too - at the Odeon in Leicester Square. Always good fun going there, big ass screen and just makes it seem a bit of an event. Going on the 21st (Saturday) and the last time I did this (for Episode 1) there were people dressed up all round Leicester Square and it was a really good night, if slightly disappointing film.
Old 12-May-2005, 09:16
BSB Star

Quote:
Originally posted by TP
Quote:
Originally posted by JPM

Ooh, is that Gold Class? In Aus we have some smaller cinema's at your local complex that were fitted out with seats similar to first class airline seats, they would recline all the way back, and they'd be grouped in pairs with a small table between them. You could pre-order whatever you wanted to be brought out to you at certain times during the movie. I had some nachos and another beer brought out in the last one I saw while I was there (lord of the rings) and finished up with a slice of cheesecake and a coffee, 20 minutes from the end.

Do they have that here somewhere?

Snobs and Aussies, it just don't seem right really!
Old 12-May-2005, 09:17
BSB Star

Oh, and by the way, I watched Star Wars 3 last night at my mates

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit