Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 16-May-2005, 21:54
Big Twin

Mood: is it cos i is a bricklayer
logbook question?????

right this is the scenario.... i have found a bike that i would very much like to restore and get back on the road it is fully working but has no lights indicators horn etc(all easily sourced ) it has no owners logbook (V5) i have no doubt that the seller is the owner of the bike so that is not my worry--what i would like to know is how easy is it to get a v5 once the bike is all road legal and what would i have to do? would it involve engineers reports etc?? dont know anything about this my self i hope someone on here may have similar experiences

sorry its not a ducati its a honda xl125 k2
Old 16-May-2005, 21:57
Big Twin

Mood: :-)
Fromthe DVLAthemselves............

What must I do if:
I do not have a Registration Document/Certificate (e.g. the original has been lost, stolen, defaced or destroyed)?

You should apply for a Registration Certificate (V5C) using form V62 (fee applicable), which you can get from any Post Office ® branch, DVLA Local Office or Click here to download the form.

We will then send you a new Registration Certificate in your name. If the previous keeper has failed to tell us they no longer have the vehicle, we will make enquiries before we send you a new Registration Certificate.

If you have previously had a Registration Document/Certificate for your vehicle in your name and there is no change in vehicle or personal details, you may apply for a duplicate Registration Certificate (fee applicable) over the phone by contacting Customer Enquiries (Vehicles), 0870 240 0010.

As a general rule you should not buy a vehicle without a Registration Document/Certificate. The Registration Document/Certificate is a good indicator that the vehicle has not been stolen. When a vehicle has passed a Vehicle Identity Check (VIC), the result will be stored on computer by DVLA. The person who took the vehicle for the VIC will be given a certificate to show that the vehicle has been through the identity check and passed. When buying a vehicle that has passed a VIC, you may be offered that certificate as proof that the vehicle has passed. We strongly advise that before buying the vehicle you call Vehicle and Operator Services Agency (VOSA) on 0870 6060 440 they will be able to check the stored record and confirm whether or not the vehicle actually passed the VIC.
Old 16-May-2005, 22:06
Big Twin

Mood: is it cos i is a bricklayer
brilliant ------- i have the engine and frame number---

thanks rushjob

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit