Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 04-Jun-2005, 02:19
Mille

Any electricians?

After finding that by removing the wing mirrors I am able to get the bike through our terraced house to the back garden, (wife placated by liberal spreading of plastic carpet overlay) I have decided to build a workshop in place of the back garden (bloody grass always needed cutting anyway).
Problem is that initially I was going to just run an extension lead out to it from the kitchen wall but my father spat out his tea when I told him and said that I should get it done proper-like, by a pro. But how much approx. would it cost to install say a light and some sockets? I know there are many variables but am I looking at paying big bucks?
Cheers, Illya.
Old 04-Jun-2005, 09:24
500SD

Mood: On top of the world
Check your local authority planning site - building regs. It won't be cheap, but you can do a lot of the work yourself, like digging trenches etc. The cables have to be buried to a certain depth (about 3 - 4 ft if I remember rightly), and will likely need to have a separate RCD for that circuit. Which means you have to get it connected and certified by a registered Part P electrician. You can run the cables overhead, but the minimum height is something ridiculous. Also check whether the installation needs to be IP55 rated (outdoor use).

Hope that helps, and good luck.

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit