Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 09-Jun-2005, 10:57
Mille

Ron Haslam Race School

I'm sure there have been loads of posts about the RH race school at Donnington so won't go into detail about the day but just to say that I did the Premier class on Tuesday and had a thoroughly good time.

I had one on one instruction from an ex-racer called Andy who proved to be an excellent communicator. For a relatively low cost, I rode someone else's CBR600rr, wore someone else's leathers (new and very clean) and never having been on a track before, I finished the day a faster, safer and more confident rider.

Downside: Only that I'd have liked a bit more track time. (3 x 15 minute sessions). Definitely recommended though.

and great fun.different riderbike'd never been on a track before so it was good to ride someone else's bike
Old 09-Jun-2005, 10:59
Dibble

excellent, but the track time issue does seem to be the only real drawback to th RH days, otherwise everyone else I've spoken to has always talked quite highly of the tuition.

Glad you enjoyed it mate and feedback is always good.
Old 09-Jun-2005, 11:03
WSB Hero
Bikes: 1993 - 944SS & Aprilia Falco

Excellent, glad u enjoyed it.

I'm sure the trackday bug will be biting you then after you have had a taste of how good it is on track.

I've only done a few race schools in the past and have still not been on one that I would rate as 'really good' - I've enjoyed all of them - but you hit the nail on the head, getting an instructor who is a good communicator is critical I think.

Still, I'm hoping to book up with Mick Boddice at Darley Moor just down the road from Donny and am hoping for the best.

To advance - I think the guys would recommend the European and Californian SUperbike schools - expensive but well rated.

Good luck - Frank.
Old 09-Jun-2005, 14:32
Bevel Head

Mood: Feel like a Duke...
I second Frank's comments. 45' track time seems a bit too short to put in practice what they teach you. I will probably do BH with ESS on June 15 and then report back.

ciao, Mario
Old 09-Jun-2005, 19:12
Bevel Head

Mood: Feel like a Duke...
Will do. Thanks mate!
Old 09-Jun-2005, 22:12
Mille

Yup. Deffo like the idea of more instruction and some trackdays. How bout a DSC trackday in N Wales!!