Ducati Sporting Club
Home Calendar Gallery Membership Online Shop DSC Blogs Extras
Go Back   Ducati Sporting Club > Sport > Trackdays & Race Schools
Reload this Page Big up to Apex
Forum Home Register FAQ Search Forum Recent Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-Jul-2005, 10:17 AM
Henners Henners is offline
Registered Forum User
Ducati Corse
 
Posts: 3,341
Join Date: May 2002
Big up to Apex

Sorry I couldn't be there in the end, just wanted to say a huge well done to Gary and Catherine of apextrackdays.co.uk. When we first spoke in February you were just formulating your ideas on what a good track day should offer - reading the comments on this board it sounds like you structured a great day. Thanks also for offering the DSC such a generous discount. Every good wish for your future success. H
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-Jul-2005, 10:25 AM
skidlids's Avatar
DSC Region Organiser skidlids skidlids is offline
MotoGP God
 
Posts: 18,150
Join Date: Apr 2002
Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Quote:
Originally posted by Henners
Sorry I couldn't be there in the end, just wanted to say a huge well done to Gary and Catherine of apextrackdays.co.uk. When we first spoke in February you were just formulating your ideas on what a good track day should offer - reading the comments on this board it sounds like you structured a great day. Thanks also for offering the DSC such a generous discount. Every good wish for your future success. H

I'll 2nd that, Awesome day really enjoyed it as did Dallas and Kev P.
For me it was nice to be back at Brands for the first time in 5 years and first time on the GP circuit.
Lunch was really enjoyable adding a nice relaxing break to the day.
Big thanks to Gary, Cath and the other family members for a great day out.

Kev
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-Jul-2005, 10:27 AM
beancounter's Avatar
beancounter beancounter is offline
Registered Forum User
Big Twin
 
Posts: 1,514
Join Date: Mar 2004
Mood: Black and grey (and a bit of red)
Well done Apex.

Fantastic day, superbly run.

Lucky with the weather too !
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-Jul-2005, 10:34 AM
chicken's Avatar
chicken chicken is offline
Registered Forum User
Big Twin
 
Posts: 1,670
Join Date: Dec 2003
Mood: suck, squeeze, bang,......fart?
I'll fourth it too.

A lot of thought obviously went into the planning. For example, every other trackday I've been on had the novices going out first. This one had the fast group out first so that the novices got a nerve-calming classroom session first.

If you haven't been on a trackday before, Apex seems to me to be a great introduction to it.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-Jul-2005, 10:52 AM
Mr_S Mr_S is offline
Registered Forum User
Big Twin
 
Posts: 1,325
Join Date: Mar 2004
Easily the best organised, managed and controlled trackday I've been on. Although the marshalls were very strict, that's down to the circuit (MSV) and not Apex.

Four sessions worked really well, and seemed to result in a lot less stoppages, so more track time in the long run. First time ever I've been on a day and had full sessions throughout.

Sitting in one of the training sessions and covering body position was useful, with some simple tips that really helped.

Brands GP with Apex next year is definitely on my to do list.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-Jul-2005, 10:58 AM
JPM's Avatar
JPM JPM is offline
Registered Forum User
BSB Star
 
Posts: 5,686
Join Date: Jun 2001
Mood: Soon my pet, soon
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr_S
Easily the best organised, managed and controlled trackday I've been on. Although the marshalls were very strict, that's down to the circuit (MSV) and not Apex.

Four sessions worked really well, and seemed to result in a lot less stoppages, so more track time in the long run. First time ever I've been on a day and had full sessions throughout.

Sitting in one of the training sessions and covering body position was useful, with some simple tips that really helped.

Brands GP with Apex next year is definitely on my to do list.

You were lucky then with no stoppages, there were quite a few muppets out there (no DSC'ers though I think) we had two sessions stopped on the first lap, but that's nothing to do with Apex that's just idiots on cold tyres

But it was a great great day, first time ever at Brands so spent quite a while trying to get my head round the track, lots still to learn, as I have said on my previous thread great organisation and big up to Gary and Catherine for probably one of the best organised TD's I've experienced, lots of stuff going on throughout the day and plenty of advise to boot, little things like coming over and saying good-bye and asking how it was just puts the icing on the cake.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-Jul-2005, 11:03 AM
Mr_S Mr_S is offline
Registered Forum User
Big Twin
 
Posts: 1,325
Join Date: Mar 2004
Quote:
Originally posted by JPM

You were lucky then with no stoppages, there were quite a few muppets out there (no DSC'ers though I think) we had two sessions stopped on the first lap, but that's nothing to do with Apex that's just idiots on cold tyres


That's why I dropped to the group below

No idiots in the yellow group, although we did have a stroker lose an exhaust in the session after lunch(got the video to extract of that little incident)
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-Jul-2005, 11:09 AM
TP's Avatar
TP TP is offline
Registered Forum User
MotoGP God
 
Posts: 15,650
Join Date: Apr 2004
Mood: 749 racebike MGP
We had a fair few red flags in the fast group but hey ho - it happens.

The overzealous marshalling was the responsibility of MSV and not Apex. Gary and Catherine would have preferred to keep it flowing.

All in all, I got more clear laps then I ever have on a track day and had a good time. It was an excellent day.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-Jul-2005, 11:11 AM
JPM's Avatar
JPM JPM is offline
Registered Forum User
BSB Star
 
Posts: 5,686
Join Date: Jun 2001
Mood: Soon my pet, soon
Quote:
Originally posted by TP
We had a fair few red flags in the fast group but hey ho - it happens.

The overzealous marshalling was the responsibility of MSV and not Apex. Gary and Catherine would have preferred to keep it flowing.

All in all, I got more clear laps then I ever have on a track day and had a good time. It was an excellent day.

I forgot to add that Tony, I got to the front of the group in the fourth session I think and didn't see another bike for 1 maybe 2 laps, it was like my own private test, and also a little unsettling as I was convinced I'd missed the red flags and carried on oblivious
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-Jul-2005, 12:33 PM
Dibble Dibble is offline
Banned
BSB Star
 
Posts: 5,516
Join Date: Mar 2002
Gary, Catherine and everyone at Apex ..... I salute you .... top top day .....
Reply With Quote
Reply
  
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes
Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Recent Posts - Contact Us - DSC Home - Archive - Top
Powered by vBulletin 3.5.4 - Copyright © 2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. - © Ducati Sporting Club - All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:37 PM.