Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 02-Sep-2005, 18:23
Mille

Almeria 19th 20th 21st

Any of you boys and girls doing Almeria with Tracksense? It's the only Spanish day I can fit in and my first, so any tips welcome.
Cheers
Old 02-Sep-2005, 18:48
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
Of which month?
Old 02-Sep-2005, 21:35
Mille

hmm - yeah! should have said - this month - couple of weeks time.
Have you been to Almeria before Tim?
Old 02-Sep-2005, 22:01
WSB Hero

Yep, a couple of times, its a great circuit with a real mix of elevations and turns.

The first half of the circuit is quite tricky and it really flows if you get used to it and get it right!! Get this bit wrong and it'll take a while to get the rest of the track right.

There's also a really long straight at the end of the circuit that allows you to have a great rest.

If the weather's good, which it should be, you'll love it.

Tim
Old 03-Sep-2005, 01:18
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
I was in Almeria for two days on a CSS camp earlier this year - fantastic. Great circuit I reckon.

There's a particularly interesting blind entrance right hander which was satisfying to get right - excellent circuit. That straight that Rattler mentions is just short of 1km long!
Old 03-Sep-2005, 01:29
Mille

Cheers Tim, I'm looking forward to it - couple of days working on technique instead of the occasional evening at Brands.

You were looking good at Brands last night, I enjoyed watching you and Phil through Surtees - have fun on the 11th

Thanks TP - 1km straight should make the braking interesting for the next turn - can you remember which is the blind turn - I suppose I'll find out when I get there...........

I've been told that it's hard on tyres and to go medium front (SC2) and that I might get through 2 rears - sounds like it should be grippy.

[Edited on 2-9-2005 by Webcore]
Old 03-Sep-2005, 01:49
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
I was on standard Diablo's and they were fine. It was on my Desmo Due monster ...

There's two blind entry corners, both right handers. As you go down the S/F straight, in front of the pitlane, you drop down hill and then into a 100 or so degree right hander. You then head up the hill into a blind right hander which is quite quick. On the monster I just kept it pinned all the way up there. You then go down hill and into a double apex left which comes around 180 degrees. A short straight and then into a right hander. Drift out to the left here and this is the blind right hander that is really good. You need to miss the first apex by about a 2 foot - but you won't recognise it as an Apex until you're on it and missed it. In which case I hope you're going slow otherwise you're in the weeds!

If you get this right you run out to the left again before tackling a 90 degree right. That whole section is quite technical and a lot of fun.

Enjoy
Old 03-Sep-2005, 03:43
Mille

Thanks TP - it sounds good. Enjoy Brands!
Old 03-Sep-2005, 11:47
WSB Hero

It it quite grippy, but I remember having a new SC1 front and a new SC2 rear and they just about lasted the 2 days I did. If you're going for three days, take a part worn rear for the first day and fit new for the last 2??

The advice I had before going there was that its such a tricky circuit to learn that after day 1 you'd hate it, but after day 2 you'd love it.
Old 03-Sep-2005, 13:25
Ducati Corse

Mood: Tad more confident
In fact I think you will find that there are 3 blind turns, the final one being the right hander after the long back straight. The back straight is uphill with a blind 90 degree uphill turn leading into a left down hill turn which you can get on the gas early and carry loads of speed