Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 10-Nov-2005, 01:24
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Smiley and waiting for the sunshine
What\'s the worst excuse you ever used?

We are working on changes in materials and for homework I asked the kids to keep a diary of what happens to a slice of bread in a plastic wrapper over a week!... One of the lads said he didn't do it coz his DOG really did eat his homework!

What's the worst excuse you have EVER used to get out of something?
Old 10-Nov-2005, 08:22
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: R1200RT F800GS. Hopefully another Ducati soon

I used to tell my Technical Drawing teacher I couldnt do my homework as my dad was always working on the board. The teacher told my dad at the next parents evening that I used this excuse reguarly, Dad asked, how many other children have a full size drawing board at home, none was the reply, so how do other pupils manage they use a table, we have lots of tables at home was my Dads answer so dont be so gullible next time he offers that excuse. Foiled and I was in trouble at home for not doing the homework and a school because the teacher got a rollocking of my Dad.
Old 10-Nov-2005, 09:02
GTL

My employer holds a company-sponsored ****-up on the last Thursday of every month. First one I went to, I thought it would be rude not to take full advantage of the facility, and got completely trolleyed.

I got home about 4 am, and woke at 9 to the sound of kids playing in the street outside...assumed it was the weekend, and went back to sleep 'till 4 pm - the fact it was half-term week never entered my terminally dehydrated mind.

All things considered, work were very good about my "Sorry, thought it was Saturday" excuse .
Old 10-Nov-2005, 13:16
Ducati Corse

Mood: Daft as MartinH after too much Smirnoff Ice
I\'m drunk can be the best and the worst excuse.

When camping i came back from the pub late at night, it was very dark and i got into the wrong tent.

These girls screamed at me to get out, and i was very beligerant that they were sleeping in my tent.

Even worse than that, i was sleeping at a friends house (terraced houses up north). He had gone home early from the party, but said he would leave the back door open.

Back door was locked, didn't want to knock on door and wake his wife and kids up. Spotted the bedroom window was open, got ladders, climbed up, in through the window and got into his the wrong house, it was his next door neighbour!

Drunk trying to be quiet, falls over wakes everyone up, people think they have a burglar, MAJOR UPROAR but fortunately am recognised as a friend of next door. Not popular with the neighbours though
Old 10-Nov-2005, 13:27
Mille

Mood: He's not happy {:o( He's back at sea!
A mate of mine who still works on the railways told me of the excuse he once used which, he claimed was absolutely true, when he was late for work.

A bit of preinfo'. Trains are fitted with AWS's [Advanced Warning System]. This is the thing you can hear on the small diesels ringing and blearing away everytime the train passes a signal.

Ring equal green, the blare is any other aspect.

Right then.

This mate of mine is fast asleep and his alarm clock goes off ringggggggggg.
So, dreaming of driving a train (time to give up job I would have thought) he cancels it and carries on sleep driving.
The snooze expires and ringggggggggggggg
He cancels it and carries on again.
Wakes up at a daft O'clock past his signing on for shift time, but goes in anyway.
Train supervisor wants to know why he was late and sticks a form 1 in front of him for an explaination.

So, he wrote down as above.

He got away with it!!!

Ains.
Old 10-Nov-2005, 13:37
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: I love my 996 xxx
Worst excuse or best excuse, not sure what category my offering could be.

A couple of times I've woke up late and just couldn't be bothered, so I'd phone in and say "whilst walking past my bike this morning I noticed it was dirty, so I need to take the day off to clean it."
Strangely, the boss believed me.
Old 10-Nov-2005, 18:20
Mille

the dog was tething and ate the extension cord that powed the alarm clock, it was true but she did it when I was at work.
Old 10-Nov-2005, 18:30
Big Twin

Mood: r
ive never met her.nuf said
Old 10-Nov-2005, 18:32
500SD
Bikes: 803 rs race bike

I once threw a sicky, Ten years ago, whilst working in a crap job.

My Excuse:
"Louise, I can't come in today; I was on my way to work and got bitten by a dog, so I am off to the hospital"

Real reason = Hangover

But even funnier, is that my girlfriend (now my wife) had to inflict dog like abrasions to my leg using pretend Dracula teeth, seriously! as obviously my work colleagues would want to see the bite. What a Muppet!!!
Old 10-Nov-2005, 19:07
Mille

Mood: He's not happy {:o( He's back at sea!
Quote:
Originally posted by Desmo748But even funnier, is that my girlfriend (now my wife) had to inflict dog like abrasions to my leg using pretend Dracula teeth, seriously! as obviously my work colleagues would want to see the bite. What a Muppet!!!

Ains.

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit