Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 18-Nov-2005, 17:22
Mille

Mood: Very thirsty
Anyone Seen The Bouncy Ball Advert ?

I guess most would have seen the advert for the Sony Bravia TV screen (?) Made me smile, and the tune in the background is quite cool as well. Anyone seen the short about how they made it ... http://www.bravia-advert.com/commercial/index.html

The idea of being paid a fortune (too much some would say) to chuck 250,000 bouncy balls down the street in San Francisco and film it happening appealled to my sense of humour. And pretty good too if it isn't CGI.

Have a good (and safe) weekend one and all, and look out for bouncing balls.

Jiminy
Old 18-Nov-2005, 17:42
DSC Club Member
Ducati Corse

Mood: I feel the need, the need for speed.
I bet sony are happy, everyone is talking about, even on virgin radio this morning.
Old 19-Nov-2005, 00:03
Montjuic

Mood: dazed and confused
what a load of balls

Must admit I assumed it was computer generated graphics, as nearly everthing on TV is these days. Hats of to Sony for getting back to basics, but I pity the poor sods that had to collect the balls afterwards.

Thanks for posting the link.

[Edited on 19-11-2005 by Gary T.]
Old 19-Nov-2005, 00:15
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Damp
Definitely isn't cg. I like the ad, but the team responsible seem an awful long way up their own rectums! Didn't stop me buying a 32" bravia though...
Old 19-Nov-2005, 00:30
Ducati Meccanica

Quote:
Originally posted by Dseered
They need some good press after the stories about embedding stuff on your PC's !
Tis true, some of that DRM rootkit nonsense is nasty stuff. Pure poison for your pc.....
Old 19-Nov-2005, 01:07
Ducati Meccanica

If I understand it right, when you rip a new sony published CD (legally) it installs a nasty little programme that ensures you don't copy it more than three times. If you try to remove the nasty little bugger it does very nasty things to your Windows.

Even worse is that Sony have now realised they have a monster PR issue on their hands and, in an effort to backtrack, have released a de-installer for the nasty little program. Unfortunately it leaves your PC open to even nastier viruses. Fart-in-spacesuit levels of popularity.....

All of this only affects good honest citizens who actualy go out and buy CDs, not rouges that download everything for gratis. I bought a CD this week (first in about 3 years), it felt wierd and really sort of clumsy, low tech.

Cheers,

Ali

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit