Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 28-Nov-2005, 17:00
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
I\'ve been sentenced for 3 weeks ...

... of more boot wearing hell!

I can't believe it. I saw the consultant again this afternoon and today's x-ray shows that although it's healing, it's still not getting enough blood into the bone and she doesn't want to risk it collapsing through me walking without the support. She is having to fuse part of the ankle on another of her patients because the same bone collapsed a bit on top. I want to play rugby again, not walk with a permanent limp!

So I have another appointment in three weeks and I'll have another x-ray and an MRI! And there's no gaurantee that I'll get it off then either.

I don't care how much Daytona Security Evo's are, I'm having them!
Old 28-Nov-2005, 17:09
888 at Last !!!

Mood: Fed up...
I damaged my ankles playing basketball about 7 years ago, becauseI was in the army lets just say I never got treated properly. Two years ago I started playing rugby again, one akward tackle later over on said ankle not letting it recover properly (my fault) can't play rugby anymore.
Old 28-Nov-2005, 17:12
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
Unlucky mate. Still, as you say, it's better to sit it out for a while now and not have any long term effects.
Old 28-Nov-2005, 17:21
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
Patience, patience....

A Group 4 armoured transit van pulled out in front of my 650 Kwack nearly 25 years ago. Fortunately I managed to swerve so that I hit it in the front wheel rather than smack straight into the side of an armoured vehicle. One triple summersault, with pike, over the bonnet later saw me land on the other side of the road, neatly roll out of the path of an oncoming truck then count my injuries. Concussion, severely bruised legs as they'd smacked the handlebars, a couple of broken ribs and a pair of fractured scaphoids.

The scaphoid is a tiny little bone that is a bugger to heal. My left one was in plaster for 2 months, my right one for 3 months. I went for a check-up on my right wrist the day before my wedding and they wanted me to get plastered up for another month - so I let them do it, then sawed the pot off with a bread knife when I got home, 'cos I wasn't going to be in plaster for my wedding.

Never went back and just left it to mend by chance - reckoning that 3 months was long enough for any bone. It still gives me jip today, especially in cold weather and when I've been Karate training - fortunately wrist heavy riding positions don't seem to be a problem, but when it's giving me grief it still feels like it would if I'd sprained it a couple of days ago.

Let it mend proper
Old 28-Nov-2005, 17:59
BSB Star

Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!
Youll be alright mate.......Props are only prone to neck injuries!!
Old 28-Nov-2005, 18:08
888 at Last !!!

Mood: Fed up...
props don't have necks!
Old 28-Nov-2005, 18:16
DSC Club Rep
Ducati Corse
Bikes: Monster 1100 EVO

Mood: I'm A Grandad again :-)
Have you tried laser treatment?, there is a guy in Ipswich that does it for all the top riders.

Chris.
Old 28-Nov-2005, 18:18
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: R1200RT F800GS. Hopefully another Ducati soon

Rugby - great game to watch others play, everyone of my mates that played it are now knackered to one degree or another ones just about to go for his fifth ankle op, he gets one a year about now and he is up and about (Still limping) by about Xmas.

Do yourself and your family a favour give it a miss stick to something less dangerous like bike racing.
Old 28-Nov-2005, 18:46
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Thanks for the tips. Jools, that sounds like pretty hard luck mate. I broke my right scaphoid playing basketball years ago and it was the same thing .. dragging on and on ... so I know how you feel there.

Rugby is a great game, I went and watched my club's 1st team play on Saturday and then went out on the red beers with them afterwards ... I can't actually remember leaving the bar ... thank god for beer taxi's!

I'll wait for it to heal, because I want to play again and also because I'd like to walk properly again some time in the future!
Old 28-Nov-2005, 18:48
500SD

Mood: wobbly !!!
Just think what it is saving you on shoes though.
All you need to buy is one foot now !

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit