Ducati Sporting Club
Home Calendar Gallery Membership Online Shop DSC Blogs Extras
Go Back   Ducati Sporting Club > Sport > Trackdays & Race Schools
Reload this Page No Limits / Jerez - fablus!!!
Forum Home Register FAQ Search Forum Recent Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-Feb-2006, 11:35 PM
Rattler's Avatar
Rattler Rattler is offline
Registered Forum User
WSB Hero
 
Posts: 8,867
Join Date: May 2002
Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
No Limits / Jerez - fablus!!!

Following on from TP's thread about those great guys at No Limits, I thought I'd add my own.

I've just got back from 7 days in Jerez, 6 of which I spent on the track. And what a track - superb, sooooo fast and long - so rewarding!!!

2.75 miles of wringing the neck out of the little monnie, with the start finish straight offering a welcome respite at the end of a lap, before you hit some fast sweeping bends and hang on for dear life, wondering if monnies were designed to go this fast!!!! That Sito Pons bend is just awesome, taken at hi-speed, its off camber over a rise that finds you searching for the apex (I found at least 3!!) and praying that those Diablos will hold!!!

Just trying to get the lines right through the stadium section, when you're leant right over on the rumble strip (not by design!!!) is a fantastic feeling. Sure the little Monster was outgunned on the straights, but embarrassed a few in the corners

I managed a little "off" in the rain on day one, but damage was minimal and quickly righted, I then spent the rest of the time fettling and tweaking her for the DD fun this year.

We were initially unlucky with the weather, but thanks to some creative thinking and generosity by those No Limits gents, we maximised our time out there by fitting in some extra track time. Their slogan is maximum track time and they did all they could to live up to it.!!!

Another extremely generous and gratefully welcomed offer from Mark meant that I even managed to get out there yesterday when I should have been sightseeing with Mrs Rattler (she is lovely - I will make it up to you I promise!!).

Its hard to believe that just a few hours ago I was hooning around one of the best circuits in the world on my little Monnie trying to avoid getting sucked into a K5's airfilter - excellent.

The No Limits boys (Mark, WJB, Dave, James, Scraggs et al) couldn't do enough to help - they even put up with TP's temper tantrums (not pretty) and some late night abuse

I know where my 2006 trackday business will go this year.

Thanks again fellas
Tim
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-Feb-2006, 12:06 AM
TP's Avatar
TP TP is offline
Registered Forum User
MotoGP God
 
Posts: 15,650
Join Date: Apr 2004
Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
Originally posted by Rattler
they even put up with TP's temper tantrums (not pretty)

Oi! I managed to keep it all in check without throwing a wobbly!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Rattler
I know where my 2006 trackday business will go this year.

Thanks again fellas
Tim

Amen!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-Feb-2006, 12:11 AM
madmav's Avatar
madmav madmav is offline
Registered Forum User
Ducati Corse
Bikes: 1098
 
Posts: 3,061
Join Date: Dec 2003
Mood: Chilled
sounds Awesome guys! glad you had a brill time!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-Feb-2006, 12:26 AM
Rattler's Avatar
Rattler Rattler is offline
Registered Forum User
WSB Hero
 
Posts: 8,867
Join Date: May 2002
Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
[quote]Originally posted by TP
Quote:
Originally posted by Rattler
they even put up with TP's temper tantrums (not pretty)

Oi! I managed to keep it all in check without throwing a wobbly!!

[quote]Originally posted by Rattler

OK you're right - you managed to keep them in check - once we'd swapped garages !!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-Feb-2006, 12:27 AM
TP's Avatar
TP TP is offline
Registered Forum User
MotoGP God
 
Posts: 15,650
Join Date: Apr 2004
Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
Originally posted by Rattler
OK you're right - you managed to keep them in check - once we'd swapped garages !!!!!

Not a single person was hurt in the making of this story ...
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-Feb-2006, 12:31 AM
ericthered40's Avatar
ericthered40 ericthered40 is offline
Registered Forum User
Big Twin
 
Posts: 1,698
Join Date: Jan 2005
Mood: renegade sexy racer
Quote:
Originally posted by TP
Quote:
Originally posted by Rattler
OK you're right - you managed to keep them in check - once we'd swapped garages !!!!!

Not a single person was hurt in the making of this story ...


I know you didn't get much riding in but how was the pin?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-Feb-2006, 12:32 AM
TP's Avatar
TP TP is offline
Registered Forum User
MotoGP God
 
Posts: 15,650
Join Date: Apr 2004
Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
Originally posted by ericthered40
I know you didn't get much riding in but how was the pin?

What pin mate?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-Feb-2006, 12:37 AM
ericthered40's Avatar
ericthered40 ericthered40 is offline
Registered Forum User
Big Twin
 
Posts: 1,698
Join Date: Jan 2005
Mood: renegade sexy racer
Sorry pin, leg, foot, your injury
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-Feb-2006, 12:40 AM
TP's Avatar
TP TP is offline
Registered Forum User
MotoGP God
 
Posts: 15,650
Join Date: Apr 2004
Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
Originally posted by ericthered40
Sorry pin, leg, foot, your injury

Ha! You clown

My ankle is getting along ok. Fortunately it didn't need to get pinned when it happened and was allowed to heal naturally.

Just needs some more physio to keep it going in the right direction. Still got 7 weeks before the first race so hopefully it will be fine by then.

Thanks for asking
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-Feb-2006, 07:09 PM
Jon's Avatar
Jon Jon is offline
Registered Forum User
Ducati Corse
 
Posts: 3,922
Join Date: Jun 2001
Mood: Tad more confident
Quote:
Originally posted by Rattler
Following on from TP's thread about those great guys at No Limits, I thought I'd add my own.

I've just got back from 7 days in Jerez, 6 of which I spent on the track. And what a track - superb, sooooo fast and long - so rewarding!!!

2.75 miles of wringing the neck out of the little monnie, with the start finish straight offering a welcome respite at the end of a lap, before you hit some fast sweeping bends and hang on for dear life, wondering if monnies were designed to go this fast!!!! That Sito Pons bend is just awesome, taken at hi-speed, its off camber over a rise that finds you searching for the apex (I found at least 3!!) and praying that those Diablos will hold!!!

Just trying to get the lines right through the stadium section, when you're leant right over on the rumble strip (not by design!!!) is a fantastic feeling. Sure the little Monster was outgunned on the straights, but embarrassed a few in the corners

I managed a little "off" in the rain on day one, but damage was minimal and quickly righted, I then spent the rest of the time fettling and tweaking her for the DD fun this year.

We were initially unlucky with the weather, but thanks to some creative thinking and generosity by those No Limits gents, we maximised our time out there by fitting in some extra track time. Their slogan is maximum track time and they did all they could to live up to it.!!!

Another extremely generous and gratefully welcomed offer from Mark meant that I even managed to get out there yesterday when I should have been sightseeing with Mrs Rattler (she is lovely - I will make it up to you I promise!!).

Its hard to believe that just a few hours ago I was hooning around one of the best circuits in the world on my little Monnie trying to avoid getting sucked into a K5's airfilter - excellent.

The No Limits boys (Mark, WJB, Dave, James, Scraggs et al) couldn't do enough to help - they even put up with TP's temper tantrums (not pretty) and some late night abuse

I know where my 2006 trackday business will go this year.

Thanks again fellas
Tim

Blimey where we at the same circuit
Reply With Quote
Reply
  
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes
Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Recent Posts - Contact Us - DSC Home - Archive - Top
Powered by vBulletin 3.5.4 - Copyright © 2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. - © Ducati Sporting Club - All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:54 AM.