Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 01-Apr-2006, 16:40
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Fabulous
Thanks to BDG, Rally, Jason et al

Seems a shame to have to post this in non DSC topics because it's very much a thank you to all the DSC people who said to me 'don't sell the 996'. I've just been out on her for a couuple of hours for the first time since November and she is FABULOUS. Rode through a couple of hail showers and headed into too many 30/40 mph areas but, out on the country lanes she is the absolute dream bike that she always has been.

Everything felt rather unfamiliar after riding Minnie and wearing the MJK leathers, now made into a 2 piece, for the first time, I started off pretty tentatively, went to get the tyres pumped up and then headed out on a few twisties but there was too much traffic. I felt as though I was sliding forward on the seat and the extra couple of inches seat height felt strange, too. Surprising how quickly I've got used to the Monster position, bearing in mind I've ridden sports bikes for the last 7 years, but it wasn't long before it all started to feel normal again and the last 45 minutes round Tring, Aylesbury, Long Marston, Leighton Buzzard and back to here, was just awesome. Lots of bikes out to play but none going in my direction, unfortunately. I love a bit of competition, me

Will be out again tomorrow if the weather's like this. So glad to be back on the Duchess and thanks again boys. I reckon I'll be signing up for a few more trackdays with her, after all.

[Edited on 1-4-2006 by Redruth]
Old 01-Apr-2006, 17:05
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: www.knightroadraceteam.co.uk
I'm so glad you did keep her Roofie
Old 01-Apr-2006, 17:27
Ducati Corse

Same here Ruth I think the 996 is the most charasmatic of the 916 series - wonderful bike
Old 01-Apr-2006, 17:47
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Found a CR250. Let the bone braking begin
glad you are enjoying it ruthie
look forward to seeing it out in the summer
K
Old 01-Apr-2006, 17:51
Big Twin

Mood: Diet
glad you had fun. i am itching to get out, just have to get a bike
Old 01-Apr-2006, 18:18
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: www.knightroadraceteam.co.uk
hurry up then Rob as the sun was out today.
We had a great ride this morning
Old 02-Apr-2006, 11:11
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
Great post Ruth.
Did the very same thing myself.Been riding the Multi for the best part of the last 6 months,so it was a bit of a shock to the system to be back out on the 'S'.
Jesus that bike is fast!
Went for a solo blast yesterday and another this morning.(Just got back! )I like to get a couple of rides on my own,....no pressure like,....without another dozen Dukes in my mirrors.
Made a few mistakes,....mainly trying to ride a 999S like a Multistrada! Basically going way to fast,too soon,....then overbraking,...smooth it aint.
Felt good this morning tho,....hardly a soul about at 7.30am.Took in some more 'technical' roads,....
Awesome.
Old 02-Apr-2006, 11:26
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally posted by KeefyB
Great post Ruth.
Did the very same thing myself.Been riding the Multi for the best part of the last 6 months,so it was a bit of a shock to the system to be back out on the 'S'.
Jesus that bike is fast!
Went for a solo blast yesterday and another this morning.(Just got back! )I like to get a couple of rides on my own,....no pressure like,....without another dozen Dukes in my mirrors.
Made a few mistakes,....mainly trying to ride a 999S like a Multistrada! Basically going way to fast,too soon,....then overbraking,...smooth it aint.
Felt good this morning tho,....hardly a soul about at 7.30am.Took in some more 'technical' roads,....
Awesome.

I know just what you mean, took the 996r to get an mot a couple of days ago. Theres a newly tarmacced lane from my house to the main road and half way up theres a little crest where the multistrada does a little wheelie. The 996 went almost vertical! much to the amusement of some workmen a little further up to road. You really have to recalibrate dont you?

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit