Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 04-Apr-2006, 20:51
Big Twin

Mood: Train comes and I know its destination
One step forward and three back ...

This is a rant and can safely be ignored

So, three weekends ago I have my 999 in pieces to replace the lower fork yoke that I, ahem, bent last year. Got it all apart, opened up my package with the replacement yoke and found ... duh, I forgot about the head races, etc.

Great. Can't get the bike together without them and no time to sort it out before the following weekend when I'm supposed to watch the DD at Cadwell.

Oh well, not to worry I thought, there's the trusty 750 so I'm sorted. The next weekend, I'm having a lovely ride from Sussex to Lincolnshire, get within about 40 miles of Cadwell and there is an almighty *bang* and something flying off to one side of the bike. The 750 has broken its chain - the first time I've ever had one go on me. My first thought was, "Thank you, thank you, for not taking my leg off and not wrapping around the back wheel!". I stop the 750 on a twisty road in the middle of farmland, get off and have a look. Oil is leaking out of the crankcase, so that's not good. I try phoning a few DSCers - no joy as they're all at Cadwell watching the practice, except for Dibble who's at Brands Hatch for some reason.

Never mind, I'll phone the rescue people, I have the number on my phone. That number is out of service - great. I found a card in my wallet (thank God) and eventually get rescued by some nice chaps at SOS Motorcycles.

I now have no working motorcycles. I don't have my best helmet either, I've left it in the breakdown van. (SOS were good enough to post it to me afterwards.) The 750 has a couple of holes in the casing, near the front sprocket, and will need major surgery.

So, it's now last weekend and I manage to get the 999 back together. Monday morning and I'm off to work - arrive in the car park and there's oil all over the place. The 999 has a hole in the oil coiler and is either weeping oil or pi55ing it out, seemingly depending on the revs. I limp it home at a pace that I could match with my pushbike and I am again without a working motorcycle.

I have now developed a persecution complex.

Thanks for reading.
Old 04-Apr-2006, 21:04
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: 900,900,851,750,750,750, 600,600,450,350,350,250
Er, now dont take this the wrong way - cos I'm normally happy to let people into my garage ... but, er, how can I put this ... please dont come and visit just now, I'm a bit busy fixing all the things that dont work properly on my race bike

(sorry)

argh - where's the smiey for slapping your hand over your mouth when a laugh bursts out at the wrong moment
Old 04-Apr-2006, 21:09
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Some people just use any tiny ecuse to have a moan don't they!

I'm sick of it

Hard luck Loz, hope it all works out in time for the summer
Old 04-Apr-2006, 23:28
Big Twin

Phil
Don't feel bad, all my mates have suddenly gone on holiday. Funny, that.

Ian, it wasn't the KTM cooler fault - the thing must have been holed at some stage. I've always been paranoid about that happening, turns out it isn't paranoia after all, so that's good, isn't it?

Dom, what can I say? Some people are never happy! Anyway, we're guaranteed good weather all the time both bikes are off the road, so no worries.

Old 04-Apr-2006, 23:39
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
loz - That will explain the missed call on my phone Sunday....

borrow my monster any time you like mate til youre sorted....just treat it like someone slese and not your own!! Drop me a line if you need it, its only sat in the garage anyway!!
Old 04-Apr-2006, 23:41
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: 900,900,851,750,750,750, 600,600,450,350,350,250
Loz - just to give you some 'travel insurance' - if you have trouble getting some transport to come watch dd at brands - give me a shout as sue will be coming up to watch - and I can prob get you a free ticket too.
Old 04-Apr-2006, 23:45
Big Twin

Mood: happy bike passed MOT
You want a nice reliable japanese bike you do
Old 04-Apr-2006, 23:48
Big Twin

Phil, you're a star, but I suggest you borrow someone else's transport - don't risk your own with me in the car!

I'll be there at Brands, it's only seventy miles and I can walk that!

Paul
That's a kind offer. You must be mad! I have sourced a replacement cooler and I'm hoping to have the 999 back up and running this weekend, fingers crossed. I'll let you know if a plane drops on my garage in the meantime.

Big Twin

Mood: #65 Double Desmo Due Champion - Class B 2007, Class A 2009
Not like the CBR600 I had, what a nightmare.

My 900ss never missed a beat.

Andy
Big Twin

Nigel, you're catching me at a weak moment, you know!

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit