Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 16-Apr-2006, 18:42
Montjuic

Shoei x spirit/ x11

Anyone know of any good firms in the USA that will do a good deal on X11 (xspirit) helmets and ship them to the UK and possibly declare it as a present to avoid getting hit with tax.... Well it will be a present to myself.?
Old 16-Apr-2006, 20:19
GTL

The best thing to do is to see if you can find any or check Ebay as I brought a DUCATI helmet on Ebay( Brand new) and they shipped it as a gift , which if any TAX people are reading, it was a GIFT, really it was .
Old 16-Apr-2006, 20:41
Ducati Dealer
GTL

Mood: Just fallen in love with road riding again!
dont forget there is NO vat on helmets, and NO import duty, as they are a legal requirement, so you shouldnt get any tax.
Old 16-Apr-2006, 21:19
Big Twin

Mood: is it the weekend yet??
Quote:
Originally posted by Rob748
Anyone know of any good firms in the USA that will do a good deal on X11 (xspirit) helmets and ship them to the UK and possibly declare it as a present to avoid getting hit with tax.... Well it will be a present to myself.?

how much will you save?? i use a dealer who i buy all my kit from and picked an X spirit Rainey up for £380, sometimes its worth supporting your local dealer......
Old 17-Apr-2006, 00:07
Mille
Bikes: Ducati 999

I did this via e-bay, seller in Hong Kong. Major discount and fantastic service. Posted in Hong Kong Friday lunch time (our time), arrived first thing Monday! If you would like more info I can look up the trader and cost to me, but this was May 05 and the cost was about £280.
Old 17-Apr-2006, 09:16
Montjuic

Old Buzzard, sounds good. I appreciate the exchange rate may be slightly different but I would appreciate it if you could dig out the details. Gizmo you've obviously got a good local dealer, I have to haggle like hell with any round here - our lasses mam and dad live in the Lakes though, which dealer was it?
Old 17-Apr-2006, 10:24
500SD

Mood: Must fix Superlight... Must fix Superlight...
Are not European/American/far eastern shell shapes different? It'd be a shame to spend all that cash on a helmet to find it's uncomfortable due to a 56/58 (etc) not being the 56/58 you're used to...

Darren
Old 18-Apr-2006, 15:55
Mille
Bikes: Ducati 999

Sorry, the ebayer I bought from was charcoal_design. However this ebayer is no longer registred on ebay.
I'm pretty sure that mine is an American spec' helmet but fits me perfectly and looks and feels identical to the UK spec' helmets. I haven't heard the suggestion about differing shell shapes before, as I said mines perfect.
Mine came as "a present" valued at £40 if I remember correctly. The info' about tax etc is, I think, correct. You may however have to pay and then reclaim the tax etc. This is what I had to do when I bought some kids clothes direct from America.
You pays your money and you takes your choice, but it was well worth it for me.
Happy hunting

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit