Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 09-Sep-2003, 14:28

Mood: Fire-damaged
Usuall first questions

Hi everyone.
I've just bought a (2000) 750 SS which will be delivered to me on Saturday. Won't be able to ride it for a few weeks till my broken hand recovers (knocked off my SV650s which is written off) so spending the time to find out more about the bike (maybe I should have done that BEFORE buying it but, hey, what the hell).
I've looked thru loads of past posts on here and know there are about 20 different suppliers of exhausts to choose from but I'm not clear if I'll need to get the chip changed? They seem to vary from £250 to £800 (presume that's a pair) - Any ones to avoid?
Also would like a new screen for it. Some suppliers list 900SS but not 750. Are they the same screen size/fit?
Anything else important I should know?
Cheers.
Ian
Old 09-Sep-2003, 18:03
Big Twin

Mood: Waiting for the change (Not the menopause)
Hi Ian

Welcome to the fold. I've fitted a set of DP carbon cans, chip and air box, may not make a massive difference in power but the grin factor is worth a mint. I've also changed the front sprocket for a 14 tooth jobbie which helps with the get-up-and-go. Next step if they finaly arrive is a set of Hyperpro springs.

Anyway just get out and enjoy as soon as your fit.

Murray Mint
Old 09-Sep-2003, 18:58
Mille

Mood: waiting til next summer ;)
Will definately recomend the 14t front sprocket, (see other thread gearing change, or something like that). I have a set of scorpions on my 900ssie that run without the need of a chip, like murray im not too sure of the power gain, but the noise is worth the extra pennies... WAHOOO!!!

And as for the screen a 750ssie 98+ is the same as the 800, 900, 1000ss, so is all the bodywork.

Steve

P.s. And welcome...
Old 10-Sep-2003, 09:40
Big Twin
Bikes: 996 race bike

Mood: Almost over it.
Murray's secret is out! Apart from being a better rider, the 14t fron sprocket was the reason he whipped my butt around Rockingham!

Anyway, onto exhausts..... I have a set of SIL carbon exhausts fitted to my '99 750ss. I can recommend Neil at Cornerspeed (http://www.cornerspeed.co.uk) for the price and job. I didn't need to get a new chip, just the fuel settings remapped - all done at the same time the exhausts were fitted. I don't really notice a huge performance difference, but as noted before they sound GREAT!

And here's some pics just for good measure -

http://www.kapital-sales.co.uk/desmo/images/sils/

Interested in what you find out about and where you buy your screen. I'm in the market for one too.

Welcome!

Cheers
Phill

[Edited on 10-9-2003 by phillc]
Old 10-Sep-2003, 18:50
Mille

I got mine from Powerbronze, in luverly red acrylic, i ordered it and people told me they was cr@p as it wouldnt fit, but when it arrived fitted like a glove. Oh and it was £40... BARGAIN

Steve
Old 10-Sep-2003, 22:51
Big Twin
Bikes: 996 race bike

Mood: Almost over it.
Got a pick Steve?

I'd like to see the red acrylic......
Old 11-Sep-2003, 15:36
Bevel Head

Mood: sleepy
I fitted some ART stainless to my 800, sounds awsome. I looked at Termis and DP's, very nice but a bit pricey for me, The reason for the ART cans a) they look and sound much better than stock. b) dunno if they're still doin it but this summer direct from ART a stainless oval set with all the link pipes,brackets etc £200 inc p+p not bad eh.
The carbon set were £220
And the 800 & 750 cans are all the same.
Old 11-Sep-2003, 16:31

Thanks everyone for the info. I'm pleased to hear there are cxheaper options than Termi/DP exhausts, nice as they are. I think the bike would look sweet with high-level carbon cans.
Suspected the bodywork was common to all models but didn't want to buy without being sure.
Bike's just had chain/sprocket change so will have to check what was put on and make do till next time.
Oh well, bike will be delivered on Saturday so not long to wait but can't ride till my hand is strong enough (2 wks+). So plenty of time to get a screen and cans fitted.
Ian
Old 11-Sep-2003, 23:53
Mille

This is a pic of mine, cant really see the screen though, if you wanna see a better pic try fordies http://ducatisportingclub.com/contro...54&pid=2525 2
Cheers Steve
Old 12-Sep-2003, 18:22

Thanks Steve. Looks good. Has yr bike got a single seat unit or seat cover too? now THAT looks nice! How much/where from? God this bike is going to cost me a few quid in accessories.
Shopping list (so far) is: carbon high-level cans, screen in red (or black maybe), single seat unit, 14t sprocket. Better extend that bank loan...
Ian