Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 06-Oct-2003, 12:30

Rear hugger

I love the look of the SS (don't we all?) however, I think that a nice carbon rear hugger would finish the bike off nicely.

Are they any alternatives to the Ducati item that are cheaper?

Chris
Old 06-Oct-2003, 13:22
Big Twin

Mood: :-)
Might this help?
Not long left though.....
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tegory=10 448
Andy
Old 08-Oct-2003, 14:48

Mood: Searching for Carla!
Chris,

I recently got a carbon hugger for my '97 900SS. I am using a 180 section rear tire though, and most places I rang could't confirm if the hugger would accomodate it. ( The standard Ducati item is for a 170 section rear.)

In the end I found this site http://www.ducati-kaemna.de
they allowed you to specify which size you wanted 170/180, ordered via the web with COD. Tracked it's progress via UPS web site and arrived without problems.

Fitted great and looks great!

One point to note is that when UPS say 'cash on delivery' they mean cash! Credit cards are no good, so you need the readies to hand for when it arrives.
Old 14-Oct-2003, 20:04
500SD

Mood: Blooo Duke gets red heads

Hey guys
I got a carbon one from ART. Its the same size as the standard, so a lotta measuring, then judicious use of the dremel got it 6 inches (150mm) shorter than the standard
Looks the DBs now and fitted smaller (oh dear mr plod, it came on the bike) rear no. plate and its transformed the rear end. Wouldnt we like to say that about our wimin!!!!!!! srri girls. Also fitted much smaller halogem indicators and its a different bike from rear. Anyone know of a manufacturer of other rear end like undertray parts.
ps still looking for a cheap belly pan for my half faired 900. I know the monster will fit but dont wanna buy a new one, any ideas???