Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 04-Nov-2006, 22:55
Ducati Corse
Bikes: 1098

Mood: Chilled
Smile Nurburgring Experience sponsorship decision.

Thank you to all of you who have contacted me regarding sponsorship.
After many many hours of looking through the mountain of pleas, I have made my decision based on what will be a good entry level for me to be involved in DD (sponsorship).

The successful applicant I have chosen to sponsor is Tim Howard (Rattler)

The Reason is because, Tim provided me with a complete breakdown of what his team required to compete in a full season of racing.

From this, I was able to look at the areas of Tim's package and see where I could help out and maybe make a difference.

Tim's portfilio was nothing short of Professional, and was put together to ask me as if i were someone brand new to racing, and it also made me feel as though I was not obligated to buy what he was selling! (no pressure)

I would like to also point out to some of the other applicants
(no names) ,that what you are reading here will help you to set out your stall better next time, as some of the applications nearly made me cut my wrists !!!lol

or you would be better off not racing and getting a job begging on the streets of london LOL

(only Joking)

I would like to say to all DD entrants, Good luck for 2007 and "keep It Real"

Kind regards

MAV
Old 04-Nov-2006, 23:31
500SD

Mood: www.kylebennettmedia.com
Well done Tim, would you mind PM'ing me your letter as a guide for myself?
Old 05-Nov-2006, 13:48
DSC Club Member
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 1100S Multistrada, 450RT, Gilera Nordwest, Bultaco Frontera, Rickman Metisse-being built!

Mood: Growing old-DISGRACEFULLY!
That sounds like mors sponsorship than most of the DD paddock had this year Ian, so I would say you are doing VERY ok.
Well done mate.

John

Growing old-disgracefully!
Old 05-Nov-2006, 14:02
WSB Hero
Bikes: 1993 - 944SS & Aprilia Falco

Sounds like Tim's proposal could be something of interest to the DD community generally - YES / NO ???

CHeers - Frank
Old 05-Nov-2006, 15:55
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
Mav - many, many thanks for your support for next year, it is greatly appreciated.

As for my approach to attracting support, I'd be happy to discuss this with any interested parties - perhaps at the 18th?

In brief and in my view its important to remember that;

Value = Benefit - Cost

And all three areas need to be fully understood and shared openly with prospective supporters.

Thanks again Mav
Tim
Old 05-Nov-2006, 20:09
Cucciolo
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 848 Evo Corse

Mood: Waiting for the revolution!
Well done Tim and Mav for providing support!
Old 05-Nov-2006, 22:16
500SD

Mood: www.kylebennettmedia.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dseered
Update - 5 tanks of fuel for the bike, many thanks fella, have not named, will do if you want, well chuffed !

How the hell are you getting all this? lol

You've got a 999 sat in the garage, you can clearly afford fuel!

Give it to the needy! (besides I'm faster than you anyway, and I didn't wasn't even riding the thing properly )
Old 05-Nov-2006, 22:24
WSB Hero

Mood: No point in working long hours to die early
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmav
Thank you to all of you who have contacted me regarding sponsorship.
After many many hours of looking through the mountain of pleas, I have made my decision based on what will be a good entry level for me to be involved in DD (sponsorship).

The successful applicant I have chosen to sponsor is Tim Howard (Rattler)

The Reason is because, Tim provided me with a complete breakdown of what his team required to compete in a full season of racing.

From this, I was able to look at the areas of Tim's package and see where I could help out and maybe make a difference.

Tim's portfilio was nothing short of Professional, and was put together to ask me as if i were someone brand new to racing, and it also made me feel as though I was not obligated to buy what he was selling! (no pressure)

I would like to also point out to some of the other applicants
(no names) ,that what you are reading here will help you to set out your stall better next time, as some of the applications nearly made me cut my wrists !!!lol

or you would be better off not racing and getting a job begging on the streets of london LOL

(only Joking)

I would like to say to all DD entrants, Good luck for 2007 and "keep It Real"

Kind regards

MAV
Well done that man! Is Rattler now going to be riding for team Baseball Bat?
Old 06-Nov-2006, 10:23
Ducati Corse

Mood: R U thinking what I'm thinking?......Oh dear!
There's a significant difference in approaching individuals or companies from cold to getting "mates rates" on stuff.

A professional approach is essential with a focus on what the Potential sponsor gets for their money or other support. It needn't cost much to put together a professional looking proposal, it's certainly easier these days with a PC, a printer and some hard work.

You need to do some research, identify likley companies, find out who the decisions makers are, maybe the person who decides what gets spent where on advertising. Don't over promise, make some suggestions about budgets required and what the sponsor gets in return. Send off you proposal and follow it up with a phone call.

It's better to have a few small sponsors than one biggie IMHO at this sort of level.

Once you have got some deals in place then the hard work starts in keeping them happy, they've "bought" positive publlicity so thats what you need to give them.

It pays to cultivate yer local press even if you don't currently have any sponsors, gather up the cuttings or any other evidence of what you've achieved publicity wise, they prove your track record. Write yer own stuff the local press are usually keen to have something other than endless local kickball reports, include some piccys that they can publish, speak to whoever edits the stuff to find out what makes their job easier. if ya can't write the stuff yerself get someone to do it for you.

Pi55 yer sponsors off and not only will ya loose them it's most likely that you've made it impossible or at least very difficult for any one else to do anything with them in the future.

Ray