Ducati Sporting Club
Home Calendar Gallery Membership Online Shop DSC Blogs Extras
Go Back   Ducati Sporting Club > Model Specific - Discussion, Technical Problems and Help > 1198 / 1098 / 848
Reload this Page And here it is official :)
Forum Home Register FAQ Search Forum Recent Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-Nov-2006, 09:47 AM
Bionicle's Avatar
Bionicle Bionicle is offline
Registered Forum User
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: Ducati 1098R Bayliss Rep
 
Posts: 2,142
Join Date: Jun 2004
Mood: Find people who share your values, and you'll conquer the world together.
And here it is official :)

http://www.ducati.com/flash1098/eng/index_eng.html
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1098-2.jpg (44.6 KB, 32 views)
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-Nov-2006, 10:15 AM
lancisto's Avatar
lancisto lancisto is offline
Registered Forum User
Mille
 
Posts: 109
Join Date: Nov 2005
Smile

Looking good. Anybody know of any quick ways to earn a few grand. Desperate measures, so legal or otherwise.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-Nov-2006, 10:50 AM
phil_h's Avatar
phil_h phil_h is offline
Registered Forum User
Ducati Meccanica
 
Posts: 2,527
Join Date: Sep 2004
Mood: 900,900,851,750,750,750, 600,600,450,350,350,250
Just looks like a 916 with aftermarket front and cans to me.
Typical american-style hype about no-big-deal
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-Nov-2006, 10:58 AM
rcgbob44's Avatar
rcgbob44 rcgbob44 is offline
Registered Forum User
BSB Star
 
Posts: 5,984
Join Date: May 2003
Mood: My Jota goes rumpety rump! & I have my wife exactly where she wants me!
It`s a natural development of the 916 as the 999 should have been, thank god Ducati listened to peoples comments on the 999 and realised there mistakes.

This bike is going sell in large numbers and will become an object of desire as was the 916 series.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-Nov-2006, 11:03 AM
Sharpy G's Avatar
Sharpy G Sharpy G is offline
Registered Forum User
Ducati Corse
Bikes: 749R 2004
 
Posts: 3,459
Join Date: Dec 2005
Mood: luvin' bein back out on the 'R'
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcgbob44
It`s a natural development of the 916 as the 999 should have been, thank god Ducati listened to peoples comments on the 999 and realised there mistakes.

This bike is going sell in large numbers and will become an object of desire as was the 916 series.

erm...........I find my 749R an object of desire

as do many other with their 749/999 series

perhaps that's why I bought it

It was finally the 749/999 model that tempted me away from Jap stuff after 20 years, not the 916+++ range

however I do appreciate all the models in some way

So I guess what I am saying is, each to their own, would be a dull place if we all liked exactly the same things
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-Nov-2006, 11:13 AM
weeksyracing weeksyracing is offline
Registered Forum User
500SD
 
Posts: 776
Join Date: Sep 2005
Looks like an R1 to me.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-Nov-2006, 11:15 AM
Sharpy G's Avatar
Sharpy G Sharpy G is offline
Registered Forum User
Ducati Corse
Bikes: 749R 2004
 
Posts: 3,459
Join Date: Dec 2005
Mood: luvin' bein back out on the 'R'
does look very "Enzo" around the front air intakes
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-Nov-2006, 11:28 AM
ziggi's Avatar
ziggi ziggi is offline
Registered Forum User
888 at Last !!!
 
Posts: 957
Join Date: Jan 2002
I agree this is what the 999 should have been like. The toys on it are amazing but they haven't published a price yet. If it looks a little like the R1 then that's not a bad thing because that's what everyone seems to like at the moment but it's still got plenty of Ducati style.

It's growing on me. I just hope it's not going to cost 20K and be completely out of my league.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Curva C.jpg (103.1 KB, 28 views)
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-Nov-2006, 11:09 AM
ratboy's Avatar
ratboy ratboy is offline
Registered Forum User
888 at Last !!!
 
Posts: 958
Join Date: Mar 2005
Mood: On the up
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpy G
erm...........I find my 749R an object of desire

as do many other with their 749/999 series

perhaps that's why I bought it

It was finally the 749/999 model that tempted me away from Jap stuff after 20 years, not the 916+++ range

however I do appreciate all the models in some way

So I guess what I am saying is, each to their own, would be a dull place if we all liked exactly the same things

Gotta agree - when I first saw the 749 / 999 it made me really want one and stay away from the Jap alternatives...
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-Nov-2006, 11:14 AM
Ozz's Avatar
Ozz Ozz is offline
Registered Forum User
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 848 Evo Corse
 
Posts: 4,941
Join Date: Sep 2003
Mood: Waiting for the revolution!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggi
I agree this is what the 999 should have been like. The toys on it are amazing but they haven't published a price yet. If it looks a little like the R1 then that's not a bad thing because that's what everyone seems to like at the moment but it's still got plenty of Ducati style.

It's growing on me. I just hope it's not going to cost 20K and be completely out of my league.


Ziggi, I think I read base model is 12k and next one 14k?
Reply With Quote
Reply
  
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes
Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Recent Posts - Contact Us - DSC Home - Archive - Top
Powered by vBulletin 3.5.4 - Copyright © 2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. - © Ducati Sporting Club - All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:30 PM.