Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 14-Nov-2006, 18:22
Mille

Mood: Got the BIKE!...it's just all the admin now! :(
Angry Starting to get annoyed...need prices!! PLEASE N E 1!!!

OK guys and gals...

sent an e-mail now to three e-mail addy and still no info on anything at all!!

would love to join, but have no idea on pricing, so i can't even begin to budget for anything!

don't need to know about the bike costs, just all the admin bits and bobs. i.e. race prices membership, and anything else...

could someone pleae tell us! tanks peeps
Old 14-Nov-2006, 18:34
Big Twin

Mood: DD 2006: 4th Top Rookie. DD 2007: 2nd Class B. DD 2008: 2nd Class B.
Want to be a DD racer?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Want to be a dd racer?

There’s no cheaper or friendlier way to start racing than with the DSC. Its aimed at novices that want something more than just a trackday.

Part one paper work.

Need to join the ducati-sporting club £25 for the year and there’s load of other activities can do there as well. Contact

http://www.ducatisportingclub.com/index.php3?M=34

Next contact the ACU, book a training day £50 in Ruby (its very informative for new racer) and you get a test form that needs to be sent to Chris Bushell with completed ACU form.
Need a novice road racing licence also need an eye test (see your doctor) and a photo.

http://www.acu.org.uk/info/joinus.aspx

Need any help with filling this out contact dominic_clegg@hotmail.co.uk

Once form filled in send this and a cheque for £47 (for novice licence includes orange novice jacket) to Chris Bushell contact him at chris.bushell@ducatisportingclub.com

Also need to join new era that run the race meetings £25 http://www.neweramcc.org/contact/contact.htm

All memberships last 12 months (acu jan to dec)

At this stage you will get in the post your ACU licence (orange jacket), DSC membership which includes a 10% discount at most ducati dealers. And new era membership card.
New era will also send you race entry forms to enter races which will need to be filled out and sent back as soon as possible race fee are about £120 a meeting for this get a timed practice and two races. It about the same you pay for a trackday.

Part two

Getting the bike. There is a load out there, ebay is a very good place to start can pick up a real good 600ss for about £1000. Iv also had seen plenty of 620 monsters and 600ss at damage repair places i.e insurance write offs with very little damage.

So what do you need to do to the bike?

Well not a lot, need to get a race fairing and an oil catch tray. Full set can cost around £250. Also need to up grade the brake hoses to steal braded ones and lock wire sump, oil cap and filter to the bike. Also need to remove all in necessary items from the bike i.e head light etc (see technical rules). Also need to fit a set of Pirelli Diablo tyres a set cost about £150 and can last all season. (control tyre) one more rule to meet acu is to fit a shark fin chain gard
And a set of race numbers contact Chris about what number you can have.
These are the basics and this will get you racing. But there are other things like giving the bike a service before racing i.e. new oil, filters spark plugs.
also need to put all breather pipes into a catch tank (small)
and two 25mm holes in the bell pan with plugs that need to be removed for wet races

Part three protection

Need a one-piece leather suit these can be picked up new for £100 just ask on the message board.
I also recommend getting two helmets gold ACU approved helmets can be picked up for as little as £30. Also get two sets of gloves with wrist straps for £25 pair. And a good strong set of boot for about £100.
I also recommend a back protector for £10. These may seem cheep but if don’t go for named brands there can be huge saving. The quality is not bad at the cheep end too.

Hence a total season race costs could be as little as £3000

If you not got a van, trailers can be found new for £250.

These are just the basics want any more information or help.
All the dd racer are keen to help you out in any way we can just drop us an email leave a message on the board or come see us at a race meeting.

Hope to see you on the track you wont regret it.
Old 14-Nov-2006, 18:35
Big Twin

Mood: DD 2006: 4th Top Rookie. DD 2007: 2nd Class B. DD 2008: 2nd Class B.
got any questions ring me ill tryy and fill you in 07921717078
Old 14-Nov-2006, 18:36
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Roughly...

Paperwork stuff
ACU licence £42 (plus an eye test £20 in boots)
New Era membership £20
DSC membership £25

Day to day race costs
Entry fees approx £120 per meeting.
Tyres £135 pair
Fuel 12-15 litres per meeting (2 races & qually)
You'll probably need to travel to the circuit and eat as well.
Old 14-Nov-2006, 18:52
Mille

Mood: Got the BIKE!...it's just all the admin now! :(
Thank you so much for your responces!!

The bike and the leathers(and the rest) are sort of sorted,

it was alll the admin i was worried about... ain't gonna buy another set of leathers.. hoping my carrera's will last a season at least!!, helmets and stuff like i said are sorted, sort of?( might be buying a pair of daytona's!! hmmmmmmm!) but had no i know wot to save up for!

now i do!!

Thanks guys!!
Old 14-Nov-2006, 19:09
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: I love my 996 xxx
There's also Assen to consider if you fancy it.
Entry for that is predicted to be £90, plus the overseas ACU permit and insurance which came in at £50 this year, along with the ferry and lots of miles to get there.

After you've bought the bike and any kit you need to get started, you should be able to squeeze yourself through the season on £2k - that would see you right with all membership and licencing costs, race entries, travel, food and a small amount of crash damage.

On top of that you might consider extra races on the day like SOT or SV's which will see off another £25 per race, and however many trackdays you fancy doing when you realise there's not enough time to practice in the morning qualifying session!
Old 14-Nov-2006, 19:11
Ducati in my Blood

Duke, if you pm me you email addy I'll send you my expense record for this year.
Old 14-Nov-2006, 19:29
Ducati Corse
Bikes: 916 Strada

Mood: www.od2racing.co.uk
Wink

After you've bought the bike and any kit you need to get started, you should be able to squeeze yourself through the season on £2k

Not if you wan't to run up front in 620!!
Old 14-Nov-2006, 19:34
Ducati in my Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by chass
After you've bought the bike and any kit you need to get started, you should be able to squeeze yourself through the season on £2k

Not if you wan't to run up front in 620!!

I wasn't TOO far from the front tho chass!
I got a trophy I'll have you know!!!
Old 14-Nov-2006, 19:39
Ducati Corse
Bikes: 916 Strada

Mood: www.od2racing.co.uk
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBs996
I wasn't TOO far from the front tho chass!
I got a trophy I'll have you know!!!

Yeah but that was the booby prize