Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 20-Nov-2003, 07:55
500SD

Mood: I can live with backpain!
750ss

I'm considering a 1995 750ss that I've been offered,not brilliant condition but low mileage,the guy's says he'll service it as well.
What do I look for here?,I'm more used to the 916 family.Anyone guess a price?,were talking around the same area but if any of you guys can give me a rough guide then I'll feel more confident.

thanks
Dave
Old 20-Nov-2003, 11:34
Ducati Corse

Mood: Bloo and Yellow.. and Red now ;)
There aren't really any specific mechanical areas to worry about, especially if it's been looked after........serviced well, even if not cleaned
The main problem with pre '98 bikes is the electrics. Saying this though, most of them have probably reared their head and have been sorted by now.
Other than the above, all the usual checks aply when buying any bike. Checked the suspension, brakes etc.
Couldn't say much on price, I guess around £2k? but that is really "finger in the air"
Old 20-Nov-2003, 15:26
Big Twin
Bikes: 996 race bike

Mood: Almost over it.
I picked up my '99 750ss back in March this year for under £2.5k. It had less than 7k on the clock at that time.

So I'd suggest that if the '95 750ss isn't in the best nick, even with low mileage, that a price under £2k would be the range.
Old 22-Nov-2003, 07:52
Mille

I would have to agree with Phil
(under 2k) Knock him down in price using the( "Its a bit tatty isnt it" )thing.
Old 27-Nov-2003, 11:56

Mood: Living in the best country in the world!
Dave G

I have a 94 750ss and in the 3yrs I have owned it I have had no probs.

Being 8yo look for (1) excellent paintwork and deduct £ for chips/marks/scratches on tank and around front area (2) wheels should be gold anodised and deduct £ for scratches (3) the engine's silver paint might well be lifting - look around cyl bases and rad at front..more -£ (4) then the usuals...tyre cond, ask when battery last replaced

A tip is if you take the fairing sides off (3min job with 10 bolts) you can see the bits that he might not want you to see!

Price - I'd aim start at 1.5k and top out at 1.8 if it is a minter.

good luck
Old 28-Nov-2003, 10:42
500SD

Mood: I can live with backpain!
Well,I bought it.A typo meant it turned out to be a 96 model,a few marks here and there but in sound mechanical condition.
I have two red ducati's in my garage now!:P
bit of an ordeal getting it home though,quite possibly the worst weather I've ever ridden in.