Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 10-Dec-2003, 00:07

Mood: variable
Jools from Fieldsheer

Thanks for the link Jool`s , I`ve just noticed it was from general.

The horsepower should suit my riding just about perfectly. As well as the KTM we have a Triumph Thunderbird, only 69 bhp but able to keep up with most through the corners until things start to get a bit silly (fun!). I had a 1200 Bandit a few years ago but it only got into its stride at 90mph and I found it bland to ride.

I don`t like chasing revs prefering a strong mid range as on the Thunderbird, I can stick it in top and pretty much leave it there all day. From the past the Suzuki GS1000`s (yep that old) were much the same, the handling was more interseting though.

I`m looking for something with good handling and a comfy riding position which was why I considered the Multistrada ( I had a Triumph Tiger a couple of years ago and liked the riding position but not the seat height).

The cam belts on the bike I am looking at are supposed to have been changed 500 miles ago but so far I don`t when they were changed which is equally important.

I`m waiting for a decent day to get a test ride so have been watching the weater forecast closer than usual.

You are a right friendly lot on here, thanks.

That Keefyboy gets around abit dosen`t he.

Fieldsheer
Old 12-Dec-2003, 18:53
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
Quote:
[i]Originally posted by Fieldsheer[/]

That Keefyboy gets around abit dosen`t he.

Fieldsheer

Yes he does!