Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 19-Jan-2004, 20:23

Mood: Enlightened
A new lurve in my life

I'm back on a Duke after 20 years. The last one was a 350 basket case rebuilt from a box of bits - oh but I had that kind of time to play now....

The '94 600SS has so far deeply impressed me and although not ultra quick, I'm enjoying the sporty ride, handling, brakes and looks etc. all for not much money...

The only thing that seems to be missing is an exhaust note! It still has the original silencer fitted and it's just too quiet. I don't really want to lash out on an aftermarket can so can anyone advise me on the best way to liberate some decibels from the standard can? (a major contribution to road safety methinks) I also don't want to start on something that will end in tears and an aftermarket can replacement after all!!

Yours with Black & Decker poised
Old 19-Jan-2004, 21:08
Big Twin

Mood: :-)
Try this link -although it refers to the ST2, I would imagine the silencer in yours may be similar.
http://www.bike-gizmos.com/DucatiSTF...l#_Toc19412749
Old 20-Jan-2004, 20:49

Mood: Enlightened
Thanks for the link Rushjob- some useful info here. I'm off to fire up me Dremel!