A testing time for the swamp donkey express of late...
Bike Starting finally got progressively worse and worse and then, just when I had sourced a separate choke solution and was getting ready go to out for a ride...
Hitting the starter, just resulted in a whirring starter motor...
The shame is that in looking for issues I had:
Fitted a MUCH bigger battery
Uprated the spark plug cables
Changed the starter motor stator plate and brushes (in situ)
and even uprated the battery cables, thanks to Phil Matthews.
Sadly, it was the starter sprag clutch that was lunching itself!
When I took it all to pieces the spring was completely destroyed, resulting in the surfaces being damaged too.
I wont detail any more here but it did take some time to sort as I couldnt resist making good a few weak points as I went along.
Having it all back together I did get BADLY tested to discover, I needed new front pads and then my JHP clutch slave seal gave up the ghost too.
Finaly insult was that the MOT also ran out the day after I finally finished all work on the bike.
Thankfully, my successful time at the MOT station resulted in a nice run out to a local history spot for a photo shot.
Back in love again