Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 21-Feb-2004, 18:41

Where can I get cheap carbon goodies for ST4?

Having just defected from 750 ss i.e to an ST4, I have a need to replace all the cheap plastic bits for carbon fibre. I took all the bits of my 750 ss i.e and the good news is that the carbon rear mudguard
(ducati performance) will fit. Unfortunately my hugger etc will not. Does this mean that I will have to cough up again for pukka Ducati performance bits again? The only good news is that my carbon cans will fit once I buy the new link pipes from Carbon Can Co. Thanks for any suggestions, Greg
Old 21-Feb-2004, 20:07
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
Hmmm, I'm afraid you're out of luck looking for cheap carbon bits for the ST.

I think you might have meant your front mudguard from the SS would fit? but the hugger won't.

Problem is with ST's is that they're not a big volume bike, so apart from exhausts, not a lot of aftermarket companies make goodies except of course the DP bits you've already seen.

I've been quite patient with mine and picked up bits of secondhand carbon from the market place on this site and good old eBay. I'm trying not to spend too much on it right now, but would be tempted by a carbon front mudguard - fortunately, these pop up quite regularly on eBay, cos almost any mudguard will fit
Old 21-Feb-2004, 22:17
Big Twin

Mood: :-)
Front end - pretty much all of the range of current ducati bikes
Rear hugger - Monster
Engine covers - any 2cvalver for cambelts,clutch / sprocket - all of the range again.
Not found any heel plates yet over here but
there's an American seller on eBay.com whodoes them with a tank cover foreBay.com who does a package for the ST's see here.......
Can't get the link to work but go to ebay.com ( the US site ) & enter item no 2461530089 in the search field.
Cheers
Andy

[Edited on 21-2-2004 by rushjob]
Old 23-Feb-2004, 19:51

Thanks for the replies. I have found that fibre-lyte.co.uk do some bits - heel guards, clock cover & handlebar cover so will contact them when i have saved some pennies.

Greg
Old 24-Feb-2004, 08:58
Ducati Corse

Youi'll soon come to realise that "cheap" and "Ducati" dont belong in the same sentence.