Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 24-Feb-2004, 19:53
500SD

Mood: I can live with backpain!
Spark enhancers

I'm currently taking my 750's carbs off to clean them out and while off the road I'll fit the steel brake hoses I bought recently.
As I've never done anything like this before I'm going fairly gingerly and following the Haynes manual as close as I can(which is full of stuff like "remove plug from coil"-and I think-"whats a coil?,I cant see anything coiled?its all straight).
Hopefully I'll have a better understanding of how this stuff works when I'm finished.
Anyway my point is ,I picked up these little black box things called spitfire spark enhancers and wonder if anyone has used them here?...Good idea or not?
While Im here,when I look down at the butterfly's from the airbox there are semi-transparant restrictors on the intakes,are these standard?,and would it be bad if I remove them?.
Hmmm!, not having a scooby about engines is beginning to show I think.
Old 24-Feb-2004, 20:20
500SD

Mood: Blooo Duke gets red heads
Dave

all I can say is
Ask Nelly
u2u him at Nelly
or non member
info@cornerspeed.co.uk

if you are based anywhere north of watford gap, a visit to north nottinghamshire well worth a visit
Top guy is our Nelly (Neil)
Did my bike and sorted 'er out handsomely
rgds
mort
Old 25-Feb-2004, 21:21
500SD

Mood: I can live with backpain!
Thanks Mort,Nelly serviced my 916 last year and a fine job too.
Only I've moved from Nottingham to the west of Scotland so popping in for a cup of something with dodgy milk isnt as easy nowadays.
I would like to at least try and do this stuff myself as if I dont try I'll never learn,I'm going steady for the moment but I've seen mates make expensive mistakes in the past and dont want to do the same.The trouble with books is they can be a bit dry and dont give you the consequences of not getting it exactly right.