Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 01-Mar-2004, 01:25
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
Muti - vehicle insurance policies?

Anyone here know of or use a single insurance policy to cover multiple vehicles owned by themselves?

As my car and bike insurance policies are up for renewal soon, I'm looking to save some cash by insuring them toegether - as I can only ride/drive one at once!!!

Tim
Old 01-Mar-2004, 07:40
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: I'm so happyyyyyyyyyyyy
Tim,

The insurance companies and not too comfortable witht that argument as someone could be breaking in at home and nicking the bikes while you are out knocking over a bus queue in the car. The old traders policies where the ones to go for but they are long gone. I'd be ineterested to hear how you get on though.

Rgds,

Rob
Old 01-Mar-2004, 11:50
Bevel Head

Just tried this trick myself but out of 50 brokers tried precisely none would insure cars and bikes on the same policy. It was hard enough trying to get two bikes on the same one but eventually managed.
Old 01-Mar-2004, 12:41
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: www.knightroadraceteam.co.uk
Alan kept up his 'trader' policy, but they wont have the bikes on it now (since 1999), and he only gets 3rd party for the cars anyhow.
I tried C/N - as they now do cars too, but they wont do a joint policy, and their car insurance was 37% higher than with my present company
Old 01-Mar-2004, 12:59
Ducati Corse

Mood: R U thinking what I'm thinking?......Oh dear!
The editor of autocar was moaning about just the same thing a few months ago. Quite a few of thew scribes there privately own bikes and cars and even with their contacts could find a company that would insure them privatley for amix of bikes and cars.

A gap in the market for someone?

Ray
Old 01-Mar-2004, 16:09
BSB Star
Bikes: 998s, Jota, KTM 690 Duke

Mood: My Jota goes rumpety rump! & I have my wife exactly where she wants me!
I have both my bikes under one policy with Carol Nash but could not get the cars included as well, I could find no company willing to combine cars & bikes.
Old 01-Mar-2004, 17:10
500SD
Bikes: MTS12S, R1, off road stuff, and vintage stuff too.

Mood: MTS1200 - yum yum yum yum yum yum yum ...
I couldn't find a policyto do both cars and bikes.
I was with -err, someone whose name escapes me but are now part of Motorcycle direct. They do a multibike policy (up to 4 bikes). Might be excel...

Anyway, you tell them the main bike and approx mileage for each, and they load each bike accordingly.
I had a blade, a vfr and a 996 all insured fully comp for less than 800 quid

As for cars, I have what is called a 'portfolio' policy underwitten by bank of scotland, that does cars, house buildings & contents, and travel, all in one lot. You can have as many cars as you like as long as each is individually worth less than a certain figure (40k in my case). All are covered for class 1 business, and they don't care about mods.

If you want to know more about this send me a U2U, but I know that some people I have given their details to last year said they weren't taking any new business .

Cheers,
John.
Old 01-Mar-2004, 18:45
everton

John,

You have U2U.
Old 01-Mar-2004, 19:48

I have a couple of bikes insured with Carole Nash. I spoke to them recently and asked them about 1 policy to cover everthing, as I can only ride / drive one at a time! They said that they were currently looking into just that and were going to launch this kind of policy this year. Hope this helps.

Dont know about you but this freezing weather and salty roads is giving me withdrawl symptoms. Only 3 weeks till the clocks go forward too. Cool!

Ian
Old 01-Mar-2004, 21:16
500SD

Mood: Firing on all 4 !!
I have 3 policys with MCE, 1 covers the 916, TZR250R, TZR250, KSR80, YSR80 and have another for the NC30 with agreed value, and another for the CRM250AR. Funnily enough the CRM250 works out at about £125 a year fire and theft, the NC30 is fully comp with 1000 miles per year (although last year did 30 miles) at £145 a year and agreed value of 4k, the others works out to about £350 fire and theft for the others even although the gag bikes are kept in the living room (next to the TV as you do) and the TZR250R and 916 get well used as the main toys. The NC30 is also in the house (again why the hell not ??)

I do around 6000 per year on the 916 and TZR250R, hadly anything on the others apart from the AR (no time)

I am 34 with 3 x 5 years no claims as a network admin in cheshire and dont commute on them.

Hope that helps

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit