Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 03-Mar-2004, 20:02
WSB Hero
Bikes: 1993 - 944SS & Aprilia Falco

Handlebar Riser kits

This thread started elsewhere - so I thought it time to give it a home of its own...

Found a nice German website that does triple clamp kits and clipons etc.....quite reasonably priced but then I've managed to find the same items on Ebay as well....

Ebay riser link........check out the Sellers other items

and the manufactures website.....

Rairotec......how good is your German ???

as an aside I thought all the 'SS' bikes had 50mm forks......turns out 40mm are used as well - ah well - we live and learn

Frank

Good luck
Old 03-Mar-2004, 21:15
500SD

Mood: Must fix Superlight... Must fix Superlight...
Ducati made a version of our bike in 1989 and 1990 (Scroll down and you'll see one here http://www.ducati-tt.de/01deutsch/mystory_de.htm ) that was similar in styling and engine mechanics but different in some key aspects. Amongst other things it used a single Weber carb and RWU 40mm Marzocchi forks. It seems it wasn't a particularly good bike so they fiddled with bits of it and made the classic that we own....

The 91-97 SS versions do all have 50mm forks unless you do this with them and fit a set of SBK ones.

Every German company I've ever contacted has spoken perfect English so if that's what you're after it's got to be worth giving them a go.
Old 04-Mar-2004, 13:11
Big Twin

Mood: Sans moto
Does seem to crop up quite often this topic, must be an SS thing. I thought of raising the bars on my SS ie. There are several ways of doing this - new bars, risers etc, which would work, but the problem with an SS ie is that the bars would then foul the fairing. Has anyone tried to get around this with fairing mods or whatever, or reached the same conclusion as me - forget it ?
(Maybe I should have bought an ST)
Old 04-Mar-2004, 22:29
WSB Hero
Bikes: 1993 - 944SS & Aprilia Falco

I'd prefare to retain the 'clip-on' look and hopefully this also negates the problem of fairing bashing (pardon the pun)....

Spareshack have just wrote me to say that they will be dropping the price of their clip-on kits (with adjustable riser bridges: uses replaceable blocks)

I'm not sure specifically which model but, here is the link to there webpage..

Spareshack clipons / risers

Frank