Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 06-Mar-2004, 18:32
Webteam

DSC message board etiquette PLEASE READ

As it happens today (6th March) we had a Management Team meeting and the subject of the attitude and content of some of our message board members was discussed. Paul (pyschlist) you make some very valid points in your message on the “men and motors” thread and I did quote the gist of it to the MT.

This message board is paid for by the membership of this club and as such the membership through the MT have the say on how it is run. We value this message board as a tool for existing members and as a way of attracting new members to the club. It is also a tremendous asset to us as a feel for what and how we are to the likes of Ducati UK and Ducati Italy. To allow the tone of a few to put off perhaps many is not acceptable, and will not be tolerated. We will now delete without discussion if the type of abuse and lack of respect for others continues. Differing opinions are fine as long as respect is shown for the other person or persons. We as a club need to be welcoming to newbies and do acknowledge that the tone of some other websites message boards may be different from ours, but when in our house please follow our etiquette.

We are planning some changes to this site now to get the speed issue sorted and then to change the workings of the entire site; we are investing time and money into this and do not want spend time over negative rubbish.
Old 06-Mar-2004, 18:56
Dibble

very well said !!!!
Old 06-Mar-2004, 19:37
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: st2......we can rebuild
yep
more about dukes
less about ego
Old 06-Mar-2004, 20:04
Ducati Corse
Bikes: 1098

Mood: Chilled
Wow lilly

NICE 1 !! BIG RESPECT
I am personally not on a witch hunt on V,MAN

BUT i have Brought 4 kids up and if any of those ever showed that sort of disrespect towards people( INCLUDING POLICE)

i would personally diss own them !!

and THIS bit aint gonna go down well with the MT !!

i've joined this DSC to meet like minded ducati riders

people like yourself your old man weeksy Dibble 4d nelly webby ferrari pete captain chaos wee jonny bee BDG Etc MJ etc etc to name but a few !! realy helpfull people

BUt i dont personally give a toss about what the factory think and that statement made by the web team just enforces what i have been thinking This was an elitist board and now its getting more members it's The tone of the threads are changing !!!

BDG has just come up with a wonderfull idea for charrity Take a look at how many have pledged support (the same old names) in other words the good guys who are here to help and support the cause

It's becoming a Champaign taste Lemonade Pocket (club)

The ones that have against the ones that want!!!

so i'm personaly off !! and anyone who seriously wants to do events around the midlands meet up 4 a beer take the **** have a laugh (RIDE THEIR BIKES) then get intouch because i'm up for it !! my number is in some other threads if you want it !! see you guys around !!!!

Regards Mav an old guy with a mortgauge some finance on my van an overdraft at the bank 2 step kids no great skills cant spell my grammer is shite and i personally dont give a toss
Old 06-Mar-2004, 20:57
Webteam

mav, read the reply on the men and motors thread. Aas i said there, you are not seeing the bigger picture here.
Old 06-Mar-2004, 22:42
Big Twin

Mood: happy bike passed MOT
Oh dear i've been trying to avoid getting involved with these posts but Mav I think your wrong, this is not an elitist board all the people i have met from this club (and there are lots) all the most down to earth people you would like to meet okay some may be there are "ones that have and ones that want" but the fact that they do "have" doesn't make them any different as people .
And unfortunately some are being driven away by recent events.
I take it by the statement (RIDE THEIR BIKES) your saying we don't???? or are you miffed we couldn't get enough people together for your ring trip ? I would have loved to do it but i couldn't afford it and i'm sorry it didn't work out.
I'll be at the sussex and surrey meets when i can get to them but as for posting on the board i think i'll give it a miss for a while .

Cheers

[Edited on 6-3-2004 by Nigel C]
Old 07-Mar-2004, 09:29
Mille

Mood: Rossi-tastico!
nigel, likewise, see you at findon next time....
Old 07-Mar-2004, 10:07
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: Diavel, very non-std black & white ;)

Mood: Lucky? For some, maybe!
Like you say Nigel, I too have tried to avoid taking too much notice of some of the hypocritical postings I've seen recently but this last "series" really does take the biscuit. I'd like to say I will avoid reading posts like it in the future, but how can I tell what they're gonna be like?
When I first came to this board (not that long ago) I'd been told that it was very "clicquey" but very soon found that NOT to be the case, if you come on board with a NARROW mind then, yes, you could easily misread it that way, so being a broad minded person I feel i fitted straight in, and have really enjoyed it. Until recently.
I've spoken to a few Ducati owners in the past couple of weeks (s'what happens when you hang around Ducati main dealers when you're not allowed to ride yer bike!) and on more than one occasion I've been told they've heard of us but wont be "joining" because the views they've seen expressed on the board are either too inflammatory, too extreme, or simply too vulgar and they simply not interested in that kind of talk/attitude! Now whether you believe that view or not it's the kind of "turn off" that could possibly see the end of this club as a force in this country for quite some time and I, for one, wouldn't want someone signing onto the DSC message board and using it to spout abuse at ANYONE! Everybody's different and we are all entitled to our own opinions but most of us have enough common sense not to scream them abusively from the rooftops, please be aware of the image you are creating of OUR club (and all the clubs members) and express them politely.
See y'all at Findon this summer whether you're on a Duke, a Hog, a Jap bike or just a car, so long as you like to talk bikes you're all welcome, just dont waste yer time if all you want to do is **** people off.
Ride safe and be excellent to each other!
Old 07-Mar-2004, 10:24
Ducati Corse

Les than two years ago I'd never heard of DSC. Then I decided to move away from a long line of Japanese bikes and try something different. Looked around the web and found this site, asked a few questions and before I knew it I'd bought a Ducati. That's the power of this website and this club.

If I'd seen the sort of stuff that Vman, Jewell and DJT have been putting up recently would I have joined and bought the Ducati? - no I wouldn't. So madmav, that's why what is put on this site is important because it helps folk find a truly excellent biking experience and truly great people.

And that's why I will personally remove any bigotry, bad language or disrespectful posting I see on this board from now on.
Old 07-Mar-2004, 10:29
BSB Star
Bikes: 998s, Jota, KTM 690 Duke

Mood: My Jota goes rumpety rump! & I have my wife exactly where she wants me!
Yup agree!

Lets keep it to the point, with lots of humour, and stop the bitching etc etc etc.

This club is a good club full of knowlege that is accessible to all and not a bad bunch of people either.

Now no more of this yellow nonsense ok

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit