Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 07-Mar-2004, 11:50
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: st2......we can rebuild
just my veiw

wow
been a funny old week on the message board aint it. every one having ****ing off sessions against each other, talk about the purpose of the message board, comparisons with other boards, people leaving cause they don’t like the way things are going. if you ask me its all going to far.
at the end of the day the message board is going to evolve with the members, it will reflect the mood of the members. so if you don't like the way things are going what do you do, throw your toys out of the pram and say that’s it I aint coming here no more.
that’s not going to achieve anything apart from putting the mt under pressure to become more controlling and I don't think that’s the right way to go.
if everyone who wants to use the board for good advice, helping others and a discussion point for ducati decides to leave what will we be left with, an ever decreasing circle. for the good of the club I think all those who have expressed a desire to leave should reconsider, persevere and keep this as the top place for good advice etc that it was. If you all leave we'll be left with a load of pointless drivel.
the only way to keep the site as the top place for advice, friendship and help that I have found it to be, is for you all to persevere and help to mould the site to the way you want it to be. Deciding to abandon ship will not achieve anything.

so for the sake of people like me, that have benifited no end from the good advice and friendship found on this board, lets all stop sulking and get on with doing what we do best. being a top club for the members.
i know i havn't been a member for that long but in my veiw, if this place goes to the dogs there's not a decent alternative out there.Its definatly worth fighting for.so if you dont like the way things are going dont just give up, do somthing about it
Old 07-Mar-2004, 12:14
Mille

Mood: Feeling Sad being Ducati-less :(
have I missed something ???

I've been too busy the last few weeks to drop in and read any messages etc - some people getting bent out of shape again ??

Personally people should use the board for swapping friendly banter, helpful advice, meet up details, ride outs etc, etc, if people start getting personal its time they took a step back and looked at what they are saying and doing - its a bloody message board, not a life or death thing, let people post their views, but take it for what it is - a persons view !

I'll crawl back into my work again now, see you all in a few more weeks !!
Old 07-Mar-2004, 12:14
GTL

Mood: Moving Up in the world.
Well said Glyn.
Old 07-Mar-2004, 14:58
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
Quote:
[i]I've helped out a load of people in the past from here

including me

roll on Summer - when more riding and less evenings in = happier people
Old 07-Mar-2004, 16:59
Webteam

weeksy, in answer to you, - I think there are a couple of other reasons. One is time of year, it is always quiet around this time, the other and I think most likely is the speed and reliabilty of the board. It has got to be a pain to post something, - so understandably a lot of people are put off. The good news is that it will change soon, - agreed in principal yesterday, just subject to a bit of a company search on the ISP.
It was getting a bit non Ducati which is why i started anew section, and then it all went wrong when i lost the old one!! I think we (Eamonn, as I am not going near that bit again), might put the non DSC chat to the bottom of the page, as in reality it is not what this site is about.

Ian

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit