Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 07-Mar-2004, 21:18
500SD

Mood: Firing on all 4 !!
Ducati\'s - Like busses !!

Ok apart from the reliabilty gags, why is it when ever i go out on the 916 do i never see anyone else riding a ducati ?
Went out to chester today with a mate from bolton on his new 996 and didnt see another Ducati.
However went out yesterday on the TZR250R and saw around 12 !!, christ about 5 of them in Frodsham / ellesmere port area.
Now apart from someone waiting for me to out on the stroker and then taking the 916 out for a joyride before filling it with juice again and putting it back well in time for me to get back, then where are all these people riding though where i live ??

Actually had a good day with the little 3XV yesterday, found the bikes new cornering limits coming off the M56 roundabout - it was just at the point of the loud scuffing of metal and the back feeling a bit loose. AH HA so that will be off the edge of the rear tyre then !! I know i keep yaking on about it, but i still cant believe how much fun sub 50bhp and a bike that weighs nothing can be in corners.
Ride safe all
Old 07-Mar-2004, 21:32
500SD

Mood: I can live with backpain!
NOt only that crm but when you turn up in a place where bikes meet(Largs) other bikers back away from you .....its a "smartarse on a ducati" thing,bizarre really,never happened on any other bike I've had.
Old 07-Mar-2004, 21:48
500SD

Mood: Firing on all 4 !!
LOL, i know exactly what you mean mate, seen it from both sides of the coin. Have to say though, as mad as it may sound to some folk here, if i had to lose 1 bike out of the lot it would be the 916 everytime. Why ? because the 916 is easily replaceable, Ok NC30's are hardly unique but then again most dont have 1 owner with a genuine 20,000 miles and looks like the day it left the factory in its RC30 colours, as for the gag bikes - well they took me over 9 years to find.
Old 07-Mar-2004, 21:54
Big Twin

Mood: Not so broke any more !!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally posted by Dave G
NOt only that crm but when you turn up in a place where bikes meet(Largs) other bikers back away from you .....its a "smartarse on a ducati" thing,bizarre really,never happened on any other bike I've had.
So its not just me then , this happens to me all the time
Here comes the Flash G** on a Ducati !!!!!!!!!! ,what they don't know is i am still paying the loan the of the same as most people
Old 08-Mar-2004, 21:07
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Smiley and waiting for the sunshine
Quote:
Originally posted by Dave G

Can't say I've ever had that problem. I never knew there was that "knob with the ducati" attitude until I joined the board!...Maybe it's in your head?
Old 08-Mar-2004, 21:48
500SD

when i park up on me duke in general public areas, 9 times out of ten someone will come over and start yapping about it, never had that when i rode jap bikes....however, every saturday a lot of bikers meet up at my local bike shop (orwells in ipswich) and they all hang out but never talk to me
i wonder why ??
Old 09-Mar-2004, 09:53
Big Twin

Usually goes one of two ways for me, some will steer clear cos they think I've nicked it, while others will come over for a chat - the scuffed panel/leathers and blistered tyres don't shout "typical ducati smartarse"
Old 09-Mar-2004, 10:42
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Smiley and waiting for the sunshine
Quote:
Originally posted by uncle porry
when i park up on me duke in general public areas, 9 times out of ten someone will come over and start yapping about it, never had that when i rode jap bikes....however, every saturday a lot of bikers meet up at my local bike shop (orwells in ipswich) and they all hang out but never talk to me
i wonder why ??

But is that because you give off that "air" of ducati rider?...Or do you get in and MAKE yourself known?
Like I said i never had that problem...but is it coz "I iz a bird?"

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit