Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 28-Mar-2004, 19:38
WSB Hero
Bikes: 1993 - 944SS & Aprilia Falco

Eurosport giving the game away - Grrrrr

I love Eurosport dont get me wrong and usually I firmly believe that if you aint got something good to say then lips should be zipped b4 brain is engaged but I'm afraid Jack Burnicle annoyed me a bit this morning....

Sneaked down stairs early to watch the second WSB race expecting to have to turn off before the end to avoid hearing the race one result only to hear on the VERY FIRST LAP......"a Laconi looks to be going for the win as in race one !!!!"

Jack .... not everyone get up at 3am with a hours less sleep !!!!!!!

Thank goodness Jamie Whitam is there to keep us sane.

Frank
Old 28-Mar-2004, 19:46
BSB Star

It's called recording the races!

Then getting up, having a cooked breakfast, and pressing re-wind...... and enjoying the racing with said coffee and fresh coffee.

But i do agree with you mate, why i record the early morning races.

Least this is one of the few races when we can't listen to parrish on the day or live.
Old 28-Mar-2004, 21:14
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
Yep me too!
I watched the WSB action over brekky.Shame I did'nt tape the BSB,...what a bore.
Old 28-Mar-2004, 21:43
DSC Club Rep
Ducati Corse
Bikes: Monster 1100 EVO

Mood: I'm A Grandad again :-)
Was not able to watch it this morning as Nelly came to pick up Cathy`s M600 & then we dashed off to Darley to watch a mate racing there.
Got back home at 6.15pm, had some tea, sat down to watch WSB at just before 7pm, only to see Eurosport news showing mini highlights & about to tell the winners, but managed to turn over before they did. Bit daft to show a mini highlights & results 5 mins before you show the full replay of both races.
Judging by the smoking of rear tyres & some not so complimentry remarks on the winners interviews about the control tyres that they were not pleased with them. Then for bothe Filas to slide out in the second race, I think there will be words spoken.

Chris.

[Edited on 28-3-2004 by chris.p]
Old 29-Mar-2004, 01:29
DSC Club Member
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: '01 Ducati 748R and '04 Mille RSVR

Mood: Awaiting the arrival of the sun and the disappearance of the rain
Twas not too bad a morning's racing especially that move in the Supersport by Josh Brooks on Kevin Curtin.....WOW!!!

Highlight had to be at 1315 watching Rossi trounce all doubters in the MOTOGP Catalunya practice......awesome....
Old 29-Mar-2004, 10:35
888 at Last !!!

Yup, Rossi was awesome. Did you hear Randy Mamola say at the end of the programme "Can you hear that? I think that's someone in the Honda garage is committing Hari Kari !"

I just wonder if the transmission was still supposed to be on? Very funny though.
Old 29-Mar-2004, 21:29
500SD

yeah, i heard Randy Mamola say that! laughed my ******** off!
hilarious!!

not knocking anything but i have to say the moto gp practice made WSBK/SBK racing look decidedly slow in comparison
Old 29-Mar-2004, 21:41

Mood: more like moody
It was a good quote by Mr Mamola. I really do hope Rossi shoves it right up Hondas ar*es this year. It would give me vast amounts of pleasure to see him do it.
Old 29-Mar-2004, 21:46
Ducati Corse

Mood: Tad more confident
I ain't got cable or satalite tv. I had to make do with the BBc showing it at 00.55
on Monday morning. Set the vid to record it and got 30 odd mins of rugby, even after 4 bloody hours of it on Sunday. Needless to say I missed the last part of race 2
Old 29-Mar-2004, 21:49
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Is 112 dB loud enough?? What??
I wouldn't want to work for Honda at the moment. You'd be in for vasts amount of overtime between now and the first race.

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit