Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 27-Feb-2009, 21:10
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: st2......we can rebuild
credit crunch:cheapest, quality service

i know there are things you should not scrimp on, i also know how many really good ducati and independant servicers their are.
the question is how cheap can you get a good quality service for at the moment with the credit crunch hanging over us all. are the dealers begging for your cash as in the car market, anyone come accrss any really good deals.
what about new bike prices, dealers are going to have to give some pretty good discounts to shift bikes arnt they?

i'm not even after a service at the moment just wondering how the bike world is being affected by these tight times?
Old 27-Feb-2009, 21:59
Big Twin

Mood: Hmmm Conference season
Not a Big bike dealer... Thank god, But we are busier than ever, i think Luckily for us people are selling their second car to run a scooter....
Workshop wise, Still very busy, Poeple who arent buying new bikes are having more repairs done and 3 yr MOT's and services.
Its not all doom and gloom.......Unless your an LDV dealer i suppose.
The other Glyn
Old 28-Feb-2009, 09:36
Ducati Corse

Mood: Bloo and Yellow.. and Red now ;)
Same here. Heading for my busiest first quarter since i opened 6 years ago Most of the Ducati network appears to be reporting the good news to, workshops and sales. The new bikes heading for these shores is making the range the best for years. There's nothing too inspiring from the big 4 with the exception of the new R1, so that's not hurting either.
While the new car market is struggling, a mate of mine in the secondhand game is busy as hell.
I think Glyn hit it on the head. People aren't buying new, cars at least, but spending on what they've got.
Old 28-Feb-2009, 23:24
GTL

My bike’s in for a service at the moment Glyn and their very busy. Had the car done last week(main dealer), and they were not as busy as in the past so maybe folks are switching to a good local garage to save cash. Just had the pleasure of finding the mother in-law a good second hand car and all dealers were selling well with most willing to “do something” with the price. More freebees added than cash off but better than nowt. I thought new Duke prices were going up shortly

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit