Ducati Sporting Club
Home Calendar Gallery Membership Online Shop DSC Blogs Extras
Go Back   Ducati Sporting Club > General > Idle Chat
Reload this Page He's coming back!
Forum Home Register FAQ Search Forum Recent Posts Mark Forums Read

Idle Chat Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 23-Dec-2009, 10:12 AM
ChrisBushell's Avatar
DSC Member ChrisBushell ChrisBushell is offline
DSC Club Member
Big Twin
 
Posts: 1,600
Join Date: Oct 2004
Mood: Im Going to Italy soon!
He's coming back!

So I am sat there having a bit of breakfast and flicking through the telly. Flicked onto BBC 1 to hear that Michael Schumacher has signed to take Jenson's old seat for 2010!

So at the age of 41 how quick is he going to be?

Last edited by ChrisBushell : 24-Dec-2009 at 09:24 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 23-Dec-2009, 10:27 AM
Ghost's Avatar
DSC Member Ghost Ghost is offline
DSC Club Member
Big Twin
Bikes: Ducati 749, Phil Read Replica, DD 620
 
Posts: 1,830
Join Date: Mar 2008
Mood: 2011 DD Class 'B' Champion
As good as he was/is, it will defo make it interesting. A huge boost for F1, it needed something.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 23-Dec-2009, 10:39 AM
skidlids's Avatar
DSC Region Organiser skidlids skidlids is offline
MotoGP God
 
Posts: 18,163
Join Date: Apr 2002
Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost
As good as he was/is, it will defo make it interesting. A huge boost for F1, it needed something.

I'll go along with that
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 23-Dec-2009, 10:56 AM
chris.p's Avatar
chris.p chris.p is offline
Registered Forum User
DSC Club Rep
Ducati Corse
Bikes: Monster 1100 EVO
 
Posts: 3,971
Join Date: Jul 2003
Mood: I'm A Grandad again :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost
As good as he was/is, it will defo make it interesting. A huge boost for F1, it needed something.

Ditto, you could call him the "Ghost driver"


Chris
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 23-Dec-2009, 11:47 AM
gordonparker's Avatar
gordonparker gordonparker is offline
Registered Forum User
Big Twin
 
Posts: 1,277
Join Date: Oct 2005
I have my season pass and tickets for Silverstone already , looks like it could be an interesting season.

Looks like WSB will be at Silverstone also this year, work is ahead of plan for the new Moto GP circuit and should be finished by March 2010
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 23-Dec-2009, 12:10 PM
skidlids's Avatar
DSC Region Organiser skidlids skidlids is offline
MotoGP God
 
Posts: 18,163
Join Date: Apr 2002
Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonparker
work is ahead of plan for the new Moto GP circuit and should be finished by March 2010


Thats good news, i'm looking forward to seeing the finished layout and hopefully booking a trackday on the new FULL circuit at some point, also hope to have our annual Silverstone pre-sesaon shake down tests (or crashes if your names Craig or Dallas) around March time
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 23-Dec-2009, 09:26 PM
TopiToo TopiToo is offline
Registered Forum User
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: 748ish . .
 
Posts: 2,122
Join Date: Sep 2001
Mood: Sampai jumpa lagi
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris.p
Ditto, you could call him the "Ghost driver"


Chris

Bit like Maro kart then
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 23-Dec-2009, 10:20 PM
Ghost's Avatar
DSC Member Ghost Ghost is offline
DSC Club Member
Big Twin
Bikes: Ducati 749, Phil Read Replica, DD 620
 
Posts: 1,830
Join Date: Mar 2008
Mood: 2011 DD Class 'B' Champion
He isn't doing it for the shillings, more of once a racer always a racer. Lets face it he was the best and peeps like sharing a grid with the best.

Last race at Cadwell those peeps that raced with Guy Martin, bet they were over the moon, similar analogy, but worlds apart.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 23-Dec-2009, 10:59 PM
skidlids's Avatar
DSC Region Organiser skidlids skidlids is offline
MotoGP God
 
Posts: 18,163
Join Date: Apr 2002
Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost
Last race at Cadwell those peeps that raced with Guy Martin, bet they were over the moon, similar analogy, but worlds apart.

Bit like Castle Combe Superbike Grand National a few years ago when a Ex DSC member topped the Wet quallifying session ahead of the likes if Kiyo and Rutter on the HM plant Hondas as well as a few other well known names such as Sean Emmett.

Although going to the TT allows little known racers to compete against the best there is at the island
One of my favourite pages where two of my mates I helped that year were 3rd fastest in quallifying on the first evening of practice week, even more so as one of them was riding my bike.
http://www.ttsupportersclub.com/tt%2...rysaturday.htm

Although this is a good one with my bike and my mate up to 2nd place
http://www.ttsupportersclub.com/tt%2...imesmonday.htm

I'm sure there are many in next years F1 looking forward to racing against Schui and hoping to beat him. I hope he has a car that allows him to show us how good he still is.

Last edited by skidlids : 23-Dec-2009 at 11:05 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 24-Dec-2009, 12:17 PM
Ghost's Avatar
DSC Member Ghost Ghost is offline
DSC Club Member
Big Twin
Bikes: Ducati 749, Phil Read Replica, DD 620
 
Posts: 1,830
Join Date: Mar 2008
Mood: 2011 DD Class 'B' Champion
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidlids
Bit like Castle Combe Superbike Grand National a few years ago when a Ex DSC member topped the Wet quallifying session ahead of the likes if Kiyo and Rutter on the HM plant Hondas as well as a few other well known names such as Sean Emmett.

Although going to the TT allows little known racers to compete against the best there is at the island
One of my favourite pages where two of my mates I helped that year were 3rd fastest in quallifying on the first evening of practice week, even more so as one of them was riding my bike.
http://www.ttsupportersclub.com/tt%2...rysaturday.htm

Although this is a good one with my bike and my mate up to 2nd place
http://www.ttsupportersclub.com/tt%2...imesmonday.htm

I'm sure there are many in next years F1 looking forward to racing against Schui and hoping to beat him. I hope he has a car that allows him to show us how good he still is.


Absolutely +1
Reply With Quote
Reply
  
Thread Tools
Display Modes
Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Recent Posts - Contact Us - DSC Home - Archive - Top
Powered by vBulletin 3.5.4 - Copyright © 2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. - © Ducati Sporting Club - All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:39 AM.