Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 26-Sep-2011, 16:10
500SD
Bikes: Honda CB350 K4, Ducati 749s

Red face Power Commanders

Guys, anyone got a good contact for power commanders for a 620 sport and what model fits, they seem to quote only a monster one - or am I being thick and this also fits?!!
Old 26-Sep-2011, 16:20
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
I've fitted a few different PC3 USBs including 998 and 1098 ones
Any with the 2-pin connectors that go inline with the feed to the fuel injectors

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 26-Sep-2011, 17:03
DSC Club Member
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Wet wet wet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spjallen
Guys, anyone got a good contact for power commanders for a 620 sport and what model fits, they seem to quote only a monster one - or am I being new to Ducatis and this also fits?!!

Yes, for 620 Sport read 620Monster.

Or as Kev says, any that plug directly into the injector connector can be used*

*Not tried it myself but don't see why not!

Paul

15th year in DD #68 and getting slower by the year

1199, SS800 & 620SSie DD racer
Old 26-Sep-2011, 18:13
Ducati Corse
Bikes: 916 Strada

Mood: www.od2racing.co.uk
Or just get your ecu remapped cheaper option
Old 26-Sep-2011, 22:54
MotoGP God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaz
Or just get your ecu remapped cheaper option

Chaz How much does Chris charge to dyno setup the standard ECU, probably looking at 3 maps to be tweaked, one for the fueling of each cylinder and one for the Ignition Advance something that can't be done with a PC3

I know I have added a PC3 and had it setup on a Dyno for less than £250 and that was getting the PC3 at a decent secondhand price

I also know Chris charges £249 to disable the IMMO system but you don't have to have that done if your happy to run coded clocks and key

Old 26-Sep-2011, 23:06
DSC Club Rep
Ducati Corse
Bikes: Monster 1100 EVO

Mood: I'm A Grandad again :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidlids
I also know Chris charges £249 to disable the IMMO system but you don't have to have that done if your happy to run coded clocks and key

The only problem there kev, is that if the bike has a big tumble the clocks can get screwed, hence it is possibly cheaper to get the IMMO system disabled, another option is to get John at Track Electronics to build you a custom loom that does away with the IMMO and all the clocks etc, not cheap, but could be in the long run.

Chris
Old 26-Sep-2011, 23:14
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
CJS on his website says costs about the same as a PC plus fitting and set up - £450???
Old 26-Sep-2011, 23:46
MotoGP God

Why a fitting charge as bikes already fitted with either a 59M or 5AM ECU so we should just be talking about the cost of setup on a Dyno.

And the price I see on the website ranges from £299 to £600 depending on how much gets mapped/altered. From what I can make out the bottom price of £299 is for remapping the fueling so similar to what you would be doing with a PC3. So if your bike doesn't already have a PC3 its a competive way to go and at extra cost you do get more options.

Old 26-Sep-2011, 23:56
500SD

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris.p
The only problem there kev, is that if the bike has a big tumble the clocks can get screwed, hence it is possibly cheaper to get the IMMO system disabled, another option is to get John at Track Electronics to build you a custom loom that does away with the IMMO and all the clocks etc, not cheap, but could be in the long run.

Chris

If you use it to race then thats good
But this technology is bad imho.... knicked road bikes anyone ?
I cant see this going on for long and i'm surprised CJS advertise they offer this service!!
Old 27-Sep-2011, 00:12
MotoGP God

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris.p

Chris

If you have a big tumble and the clocks get screwed THEN you can spend the £249 to have the IMMO function turned off/disabled

But until then you don't need to spend the money although if you do you could recoup most of it if you can find a buyer for your clocks and Keys, unlikely it would be to a DDer as they would be looking at getting there ECUs done.
Maybe best to keep the £249 in your bank account I doubt if many Class A runners would have spent it by now in 7 years of DD

Its a great option if all you have to start with is an engine and harness as then all you need is a suitable ECU and have it setup on the Dyno for your bike with the IMMO function switched off, Think Kev P was told about £450 for this if he provided a suitable ECU

Just building a race loom doesn't do away with the IMMO function as the ECU still looks for it unless you have it turned off. so the cost of a loom on top of the £249 is a bit OTT for DD

Now if I was after a race loom I'd build it myself, after wiring Space Research Satalites in just white raychem wire a race harness is a doddle