Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 02-Oct-2011, 13:23
Big Twin
Bikes: Ducati 749, Phil Read Replica, DD 620

Mood: 2011 DD Class 'B' Champion
Decision Made

Yesterday I pulled my DD bike apart the pic of the carnage is on facebook for the ones who can see it.

Then discussing the options with my Bro Rod, it would be better and less costly in time and money to put it back together ready to race but with a new owner. Then make the freshly purchased 620 into next seasons steed.

So those who may be keen on showing an interest in one of, if not the quickest class B bike on the grid, here is what will be available.

Championship winning engine, with bespoke cam timing, this has round tooth belts with adjustable timing wheels and alloy lower drive wheels. 600 euros worth of ignition system, gets rid of those peskey ignitor boxes. £500 worth of artwork that is the bespoke exhaust system. Crankshaft fully balanced by Chesman motorsport in Coventry.

I shall be putting the original steel tank back on with external fuel pump and filter. A steel swingarm will be on with the shock from the 620ie. I am also keeping my oil cooler.

The front showa forks and twin discs brake setup from the 620ie will also be installed. I shall be keeping the Scitsu tacho also. The 583 will have the Imola handlebar fairing that is depicted in my Avatar pic.

The engine had new Xylon coated Arias pistons at the start of last season. BHP on the dyno at circuits has varied from 52, to immediately after the Oulton race at 49.4

Before I put the engine back in I will remove the heads and lap the valves and replace the half rings. On draining the oil absolutely no debris was evident on the internal strainer. Oil and filter was replaced every other race.

Sam West, Bradders and Kev Palmer have ridden my bike and will all testify to its performance.

Almost forgot to mention, the reliability of this machine, rarely does it have a spanner taken to it, except for changing the gearing.

So in a nutshell, in the right hands, its ready to carry on in its winning ways in 2012. Race ready to go ( need a Tacho) £2000

Last edited by Ghost : 02-Oct-2011 at 13:42.
Old 02-Oct-2011, 17:56
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
And bear in mind guys preping a engine or getting a refresh isn't cheap, could easily cost in excess of 500 quid and Phil has already covered this, so other than a tacho and new tyres you will have a bike ready to race come next march

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook