Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 12-Mar-2012, 21:08
DSC Club Member
Mille
Bikes: 620SS Desmo Due 800SS Minitwin 1000SS Monster 750

Mood: Inquisitive cat
Brands - Thoughts of the day

First of all just wanted to say a big thanks to all the guys I pestered about their bikes and I have to say you're a top bunch.

Hopefully I'll have mine sorted in time for snett

The Racing was definitely amongst the best of the day with battles going on all the way through the field. Was a great watch.

The variety and turn out of the bikes was awesome .. shows that the clubs more than just about the racing. Kev P's bike was a peach (I was told not to say it) but full of admiration for what you turned out mate .. awesome work.

Class 1c fell a bit flat though .. gutted was looking forward to a bunch of 916's .. was it one sole entry??

Is it just me tough or are the desmo guys seem to be treated a little bit as poor relations???

The commentator was far from complimentary .. so much so he apologised in the commentary for one of the races .. I don't get it?? they seemed to pay a lot more attention to lesser supported classes

The write up of the races on the hottrax website has about three lines per race !!!!!

I have to balance this by saying the organisation from Hottrax was first class but maybe the club needs to have a word with Dave Mabbut and let him know which side his bread is buttered, such big grids deserve a bit more respect I would of thought.

crap I'm on my soapbox already and I haven't even turned a wheel with the club yet *sigh*

Anyways

Big Thumbs up guys

PS

WTF where those brolly things they wheeled out at the start ofeach race .. were they blokes in drag??

Do they inend to do that every race? looked annoying watching them fart about
Old 12-Mar-2012, 21:15
Big Twin
Bikes: Ducati 749, Phil Read Replica, DD 620

Mood: 2011 DD Class 'B' Champion
Well said, I didn't meet you, maybe catch up at Snett.
Old 12-Mar-2012, 21:19
DSC Club Member
Mille

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost

will make a point to say hello
Old 12-Mar-2012, 21:43
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost

+1 to that
Old 12-Mar-2012, 22:25
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
And if your not ready by Snett you promised it would be Anglesey when we talked in Garage 3.
On the day Trudi did make a point about the commentators comments about the Ducatis, we will soon educate him.
The Brollies and Camera on grid are all to do with the Motors TV coverage that will hopefully be happening at every round, Brands is scheduled to be shown on the 29th March.
We will be treated slightly different as we are a seperate club, but then again we are also all Hottrax members and pay the same entries so hopefully we are not treated any lesser than the other classes other than many of our riders aren't well known by the Hottrax staff

Hopefully see you on the Grid at Snet and don't forgrt to make sure you have all your registration & membership paperwork in place

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 12-Mar-2012, 22:35
Big Twin
Bikes: Ducati 749, Phil Read Replica, DD 620

Mood: 2011 DD Class 'B' Champion
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidlids
And if your not ready by Snett you promised it would be Anglesey when we talked in Garage 3.
On the day Trudi did make a point about the commentators comments about the Ducatis, we will soon educate him.
The Brollies and Camera on grid are all to do with the Motors TV coverage that will hopefully be happening at every round, Brands is scheduled to be shown on the 29th March.
We will be treated slightly different as we are a seperate club, but then again we are also all Hottrax members and pay the same entries so hopefully we are not treated any lesser than the other classes other than many of our riders aren't well known by the Hottrax staff

Hopefully see you on the Grid at Snet and don't forgrt to make sure you have all your registration & membership paperwork in place

But we are all Hottrax club members

On another point just looking at the Snett regs, garages are a hefty £25 per rider space. Endurance teams have garages in their entry fee. So £25 might not get you a very comfortable location if there are lots of endurance folk.

Or is it me just being old and cynical??
Old 12-Mar-2012, 22:51
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
not sure about garage for snett. Nick wants me to get one (rather do repairs in the dry ), probably makes sense, but the outer paddock is normally a better 'experience'

lets see what the running order is...6 classes? So must be at least cadwell before we are last on a Sunday again...
Old 14-Mar-2012, 13:08
DSC Club Member
Mille

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidlids

Will do my best ..

So busy building bikes I forgot about the admin .. will stop dragging my ass and get it all sorted.
Old 14-Mar-2012, 13:13
500SD

Mood: ready to race
Hope you get your bike done for snett , glad you liked my bike and was good to meet you , not that i relized who you were at the time (SORRY) i guess you were the mini twins guy
Old 14-Mar-2012, 17:20
DSC Club Member
Mille

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senna3
Hope you get your bike done for snett , glad you liked my bike and was good to meet you , not that i relized who you were at the time (SORRY) i guess you were the mini twins guy

That was me