Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 01-Jul-2004, 17:44

Mood: ..runnin on fumes....
That\'s it... my head\'s officially done in !

Hi all

..ever tried to buy a 900ss clutch kit online ? - sheesh!!

..after the hols I'm having that stage 2 dyna kit (but dont tell the missus ) and my clutch is nearing it's useful life so today I thought i'd just scoot online and grab a kit so it's here for me coming back off me hols... not a bit of it!

..I dont want a slipper (well..that aint true) .. I dont want to call for details!.. I dont want a carbon cover, anodised lines, billet resevoir, or even particularly heavy duty springs... I just want a clutch kit for a 900ss.... aint too much to ask is it ?

..being of the programmer/web developer type, I like to think I can generally find things I'm after on the web, but today I couldnt even get a listing, never mind actually buy one.. and neither are they listed in my m&p or demon tweeks books... please... somebody restore my sanity and point me in the direction of an 'online' ducati parts site that actually sells some workaday bits ??

..and if not, watch this space lol.. cos there's every danger of DanosDucatis.com being born to fill the hole

Cheers

Dano

[Edited on 1-7-2004 by DanShapotsky]
Old 01-Jul-2004, 19:43
Big Twin

Mood: suck, squeeze, bang,......fart?
Dano, time to buy a telephone I think!
Old 01-Jul-2004, 22:25
500SD

Mood: Must fix Superlight... Must fix Superlight...
Are you looking for just a new set of plates or a new basket as well?
Old 01-Jul-2004, 22:27
500SD

Mood: Blooo Duke gets red heads
Dano
I keep telling you, talk to Nelly

Neil, this poor man needs ur help badly

new clutch, new this, new that, Nelly's your man

If you cant u2u him. I'll fwd your queries but try

info@cornerspeed.co.uk

rgds
mort
Old 02-Jul-2004, 00:21
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Smiley and waiting for the sunshine
"Earth calling Dan shapotsky.....Come in Dan shapotsky"

Nelly at cornerspeed...website in my signature...
Give the man a mail...Go on..you know you want to!
Old 02-Jul-2004, 00:55

Hi all...

I hear ya folks.. I've been to the site and I have not the slightest doubt in my mind having read some .. nay.. many of the posts around here that involve either nelly (hi nelly) or cornerspeed that I would be very well taken care of... the only problem is that.... he's awaaaaaay down there.. and I'm awaaaaaay up here lol, and besides, from what I've read I didnt get the impression he was in the 'clutch plates for a 91 ss ? - no probs dano.. in the post mate' line of business lol...

...chicken - indeed mate, it appears to be literally impossible to find one online that aint a bidding item on ebay or somesuch

..fiscus.. just a lowly bog standard set of plates would be great - i think I was more taken aback that there appears to be no such thing webside.. even ebc dont list them on their site!

..mort - if I thought that either he or cornerspeed would be even remotely interested in dealing with my 14 year ol gal's requirements from 500 miles or so away I'd have been on em by now lol.. but I thought not !

..kwikbitch - no need to shout lol ..me headset's workin fine..

..'why dont u just pick up the dogganbone an call your local dealer ?' I hear you say... cos they're tossers... and disinterested and largely useless and I grudge givin em my cash after having dealt with them off and on for over 10 years.. hence the 'online shopping' escapade lol... but you'll be happy to note that I eventually solved the problem at about 7 this evening... put the bugger on ebay and bought a TL1000R... yeah right

Cheers

Ranting Dano (minus a clutch kit)
Old 02-Jul-2004, 08:36
Montjuic

Mood: Cleaning the Weather OFF!
http://www.patternparts.net/keysearc...5&key_go.y= 4

http://www.bevelheaven.com/links-duc.htm
Old 02-Jul-2004, 14:40

Hi

..thanx for the links Stu - bookmarked and v.useful

..no clutch kits tho lol - a call to M&P this morning sorted that one out - cos apparently there aint no such thing, for whatever reason it's oem only, so a call to my local dealer (who have employed a parts man who actually wants to help!!) sorted that out too... 95 quid for anyone who's interested! cos they wont just do friction plates.. it's a complete set including steel plates too.

Had a quick think, and then it was bullet biting time, bought the clutch kit from them, the Dynojet stage 2 and K&N from Dynojetdirect.com, who comprehensively beat any other price I could get, and the new cooler from bsr-aerojet.com - spoke to James, who's technical assistance was excellent, and the fact that the boss's 900SL has one fitted helped with the sizing and gave me a warm feeling about it's quality too ...

..all in all an expensive morning, but hey - off on my hols tomorrow so coming home is gonna be something to look forward to for a change

..thanks for the help peeps - rant over.

Cheers

Dano

p.s. - mort... yer right about the new this new that, but I think I've chased it out of me system today hehehe... time will tell!

[Edited on 2-7-2004 by DanShapotsky]
Old 05-Jul-2004, 22:13
500SD

Mood: Blooo Duke gets red heads
Glad you are sorted Dano, but Im sure a called to Neil (NeLLY) could ave sorted you, even if he just pointed you in direction of a web site or contact in nooorthrn regions
btw, when does it get above zero degrees celcius where you are, hohum??
u2u'd you about rear shock, srri fer the delay m8
rgds
mort