Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 06-Jul-2004, 20:02

What’s this red light on the dash?

Coming home tonight a red light came on on the dash and wont go out. It’s not mentioned in the owners guide but shown in the diagram.
For those of you with a 2000 + owners guide, its on page 31.
It’s the middle red light on the bottom row of the light cluster between the turn indicator and the low fuel light.
it looks like a standard item but it doesn't have an icon on it.
It comes on with the ignition and stays on….why?

Thanks…
Old 06-Jul-2004, 20:35
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Is 112 dB loud enough?? What??
Battery not charging. Something's gone kaputt with your charging system. Most likely culprits are the connector between the alternator and the regulator or the regulator itself.
Old 07-Jul-2004, 07:50
Montjuic

Mood: Cleaning the Weather OFF!
Quote:
Originally posted by springer
Coming home tonight a red light came on on the dash and wont go out. It’s not mentioned in the owners guide but shown in the diagram.
For those of you with a 2000 + owners guide, its on page 31.
It’s the middle red light on the bottom row of the light cluster between the turn indicator and the low fuel light.
it looks like a standard item but it doesn't have an icon on it.
It comes on with the ignition and stays on….why?

Thanks…

Its the PMT light, any lack of attention could cause such a light to come on. If no expensive service or goods are purchased it becomes intermittant with a possible chance of resolving the issue. But if you rip off all her hoses etc... and reconnect with a good bit of lube (copper grease) she might sweeten up to you.

Treat her like a temperamental women and she'll keep riding hard.

<Joking> if theres any "lady" Ducati riders out there
Old 07-Jul-2004, 15:06
Ducati Corse

Mood: Bloo and Yellow.. and Red now ;)
On some models, ST4S, that is the oil pressure warning light. Where it's not used, there isn't usually a bulb in there.
Is the LED in the Tacho going out? That's the normal pressure warning light.
Might be worth checking the pressure switch isn't bust. If that checks out, then looks like you've got a wiring gremlin.

One last thought...........it's also a favourite for the alarm LED to get positioned. Is the alarm, if fitted, in service mode or something???
Old 07-Jul-2004, 20:02

On my way out to play today I passed Ducati London South, so I popped in to ask them what the red light was. They all scratched their heads. They then decided that it was a nothing to worry about and I should ignore it; something leftover from when the changed the loom for the later models. So I did ignore it, until the bike coughs and splutters to a halt.
Some muppet had crossed over the low fuel lamp and this disused bulb. So its ****ing down, I’m out of fags, my phone got wet and wont work, and I’ve got just enough money for either the petrol or the container to put it in. Laugh, I almost wet myself….
Thanks for all the ideas; I’m now going to go over this bike with a fine toothcomb.
Old 13-Jul-2004, 10:42

Bwaaahahahahahha!

Sorry, an' all that, but I've just read this and it cracked me up.

I'm always amazed at what people manage to do to motorcycles.

My favourites have been the bod why fitted a 19" tube into the 18" rear wheel of a bike I once restored (by putting a fold in the tube) and the muppet whose bike was missing one of the four handlebar clamp bolts (sheared off). I went to remove the top yoke to drill it out, applied a spanner to one of the three surviving bolts and it pinged off instantly. Yep, it had sheared, too, and he'd glued the head back on with Araldite.

Back to the inner tube - a mate bought the bike off me, and the tube let go, big time, in France, luckily without injury. I'd never checked it because... well, it had a decent back tyre and who checks inner tubes to see if they're the right size?