Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 09-Jul-2004, 07:59
Montjuic

Mood: Cleaning the Weather OFF!
Help on some mods pls!

800 SSie

I have a few probs with my duke, apart from the normal niggles.

I want a fender extender as I'm sick of pulling stones and all manner of road debris from EVERYWHERE engine/rad/bottom yokes/air filter and the belly pan. So def need something.

I've seen the under yoke guards on the monsters (would it fit?)

Fender extender. I cant for the life of me find one ANYWHERE. So short of making a mould and making one does anywhere that anyone knows of? Even if its a build on order only.

Next one...

PIPES! I WANT MORE NOISE!

Dont get me wrong, my previous suzuki's and hondas have had to have aftermarket pipes (Illegal at first) - But more recently I've gone with the road legal aftermarket pipes for obvious reasons, as I dont want any fines / points.

So are there any road legal slip ons available?
And hopefully as reading the odd posts on here, any without the need to replace the ECU?
Old 09-Jul-2004, 12:04
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Is 112 dB loud enough?? What??
Worth a call to Pyramid Plastics. While they don't list the SS on their model list, the do list the ST and monsters, so maybe the SS is not far off. Pyramid make a product called Fenda Extenda, which is probably what you're after. Take a look here:
http://www.pyramid-plastics.co.uk/extenda_fendax.html

If you want noise and road legal, the choices are slim. The best would be a road legal exhaust that has removable baffles. The road legal E-mark stays on the exhaust even with the baffle removed.

Arrow do them in a low and high version.

Website is here:
Arrow exhausts
Old 09-Jul-2004, 22:23
Mille

Hi Stu
Have you tride removing the baffles from your stock exhausts I did it and it was loud but I had to refitt them whoever rode behind me complaned of the noise. Im not sure about the fuel inj mod ss but all you have to do with the carb vesion is drill through the three rivets remove the end cover/tailpipe and the baffle comes away with it then you just grind away the spot weld holding the baffle in place then refit the end cover/tailpipe
Old 10-Aug-2004, 12:09
Montjuic

Quote:
Originally posted by SSTU
Hi Stu
Have you tride removing the baffles from your stock exhausts I did it and it was loud but I had to refitt them whoever rode behind me complaned of the noise. Im not sure about the fuel inj mod ss but all you have to do with the carb vesion is drill through the three rivets remove the end cover/tailpipe and the baffle comes away with it then you just grind away the spot weld holding the baffle in place then refit the end cover/tailpipe

Its the same with the new one too just 3 rivets, but I'd prefer to keep the originals as is just in case.

The arrows look nice but dont list the 800SS. I've been intouch with a company based in the Lake District "FUEL" they do exhausts for the 750ss new model but they said it would be winter time before they get round to doing new exhausts for new model's.

? Would the pipes from a new 750ss fit?
Old 10-Aug-2004, 12:46
WSB Hero
Bikes: 1993 - 944SS & Aprilia Falco

Hi again Stu....

Well an awful rainy day in the NE so what better to do than surf the net (well, apart from disappear into the garage of course - lol).

I'm surprised by how little stuff there is for the 800 - even less on the U.S. websites, I would of thought there would of been lots of parts in common.

Anyway heres some fun stuff I found....
Custom plastic / CF building in Germany...

http://www.diopa.com/shop/shop.html

A guy in the States who does 'custom' decore-ing from what I understand...

http://www.ducatipipemod.com

Finally, how about an underseat exhaust from someone in the UK !!! ....

http://www.gazbike.demon.co.uk/offic...otorcycles.htm

Have fun - Frank
Old 10-Aug-2004, 13:10
WSB Hero
Bikes: 1993 - 944SS & Aprilia Falco

Hmmm....more

Silmotor appear to do some cans but there are no pictures !!!!

http://www.silmotor.net/commerce/cat491.htm

Also - bear in mind a dyno session might be necessary to get and system setup correctly for your bike along with a box of tricks possibly - Dynojet power commander seems to be the popular choice but here is another...

http://www.cbtimports.com/techlusion.html

(ps delete the techlusion.html bit to also see some info on Staintune exhausts)
Old 10-Aug-2004, 17:53
Montjuic

Cheers Frank, you on commision? :P

I'll have a gander through those later and see what we can have.

And this weather is fine nowt wrong with it

Hit a 2ft puddle last night on my way home at about 40mph, nearly ended up swimming it was huge but couldn't see it cos of the slight dip in the road. Ah well live and learn
Old 11-Aug-2004, 01:11
Bevel Head

Mood: sleepy
I also have an 800ssie and any cans listed for the 750ssie will bolt straight on as funnily enough they are exactly the same.:P
Old 11-Aug-2004, 12:16
Montjuic

Hi Fodder,

Do you know though if there's any issues with fuel mapping for 800ssie if I lob a couple of 750ssie's aftermarket pipes on?

Cheers.
Old 11-Aug-2004, 12:24
Montjuic

Hi Fodder,

Do you know though if there's any issues with fuel mapping for 800ssie if I lob a couple of 750ssie's aftermarket pipes on?

Cheers.