Ducati Sporting Club UK
Ducati Press Releases
Information from the Factory and Ducati UK.
ALL content published here is copyright of Ducati and cannot be used without their express permission.

Old 07-Nov-2021, 00:50
The Webteam
DSC Club Rep
Webteam
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: A Virtual Ducati

Post Grand Prix Brembo of Algarve. Bagnaia takes his fifth consecutive MotoGP pole position ahead of teammate Jack Miller at Portimão

MotoGP | Round 17 - Algarve GP 2021 | Saturday 6 November 2021

Grand Prix Brembo of Algarve. Bagnaia takes his fifth consecutive MotoGP pole position ahead of teammate Jack Miller at Portimão

For the second consecutive time, and the fourth this season, the Ducati Lenovo Team riders will start ahead of everyone in tomorrow's race at the Autodromo Internacional do Algarve in Portimão (Portugal). Thanks to the fastest lap in 1:38.725, Pecco Bagnaia secured another sensational pole position by setting the new all-time lap record and finishing ahead of Jack Miller.

After closing FP3 in first place and showing a quick pace at the Portuguese track in FP4, Pecco continued to dominate, securing his fifth consecutive MotoGP pole position in qualifying. It will also be the eleventh time the Italian rider will start the race from the front row of the grid this year.

Jack Miller could also confirm his excellent form at Portimão, as he secured the second spot on the grid for the second consecutive time and the fifth this season. Fourth at the end of FP3, the Australian rider got through to Q2 directly with Bagnaia, during which he made good use of his last available soft tyre, as he closed with a fastest lap in 1:38.839 104 thousandths behind his teammate.

Francesco Bagnaia (#63 Ducati Lenovo Team) - 1st (1:38.725)
"I'm thrilled! We deserved this pole position, as in the Portuguese GP, our lap time got cancelled due to the yellow flags. I was improving again on the last lap, but unfortunately, I made a mistake in the last sector and went wide. We are strong this weekend; we tried both the medium and hard tyre, and we were pretty competitive with both. Today was cool and windy, but tomorrow the conditions should be better, so tomorrow morning we'll evaluate what our final tyre choice will be for the race."

Jack Miller (#43 Ducati Lenovo Team) - 2nd (1:38.829)
"I'm delighted with how this qualifying went: we're very close to the pole position, but unfortunately, I wasn't able to put together a perfect lap. I gave my best, and with both the first and second soft tyre, I set two very similar times, but unfortunately, I made some mistakes in both laps. We are doing a great job, and our goal is to repeat this result tomorrow in the race. We're still fighting for third place in the Championship, so it's going to be crucial to finish this race well."

The Ducati Lenovo Team riders will be back on track tomorrow at 9:30 am local time for the warm-up, while the race of the Grand Prix Brembo of Alvarge will get underway at 1:00 pm (2:00 pm Italian time) on a 25-lap distance.

If you experience any problems or have suggestions on improvements whilst visiting our website, please contact the Webteam by Personal Message or by emailing us.