Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 08-Nov-2013, 21:23
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by milesaway
that makes even more sense!!- I wondered why hottrax were making it a choice of only those 2- are the double points at croft only for their championships too?

Yes Miles as things currently Stand.

For many down South Croft is quite a distance and they may not bother going if the Top 3 in championships are already decided, putting a possible maximum of 200 points on the table at the final round may well keep some of the Championships undecided until the final round and attract more entrants

Personally I would like to do Croft even though its the last round, in October and in all likely hood my championship position will be of no consequence. But its a new circuit to me and should fit within my budget (although that may be dependent on me having a job beyond March)

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 09-Nov-2013, 17:45
Big Twin
Bikes: Monster 620ie, 916Bip, Suzuki Gs500 And a Ridgeback but I have to pedal that one

Mood: Scared!
My Mate Sam West tells me that the croft is a lovely circuit to ride, he said we'll love it there.
Old 09-Nov-2013, 21:16
DSC Club Member
500SD
Bikes: Badger DD A #50, Multistrada 1200s, Aprilia Tuono 1100rr

Mood: More chilled than a polar bear's d**k
Quote:
Originally Posted by mat2hew
My Mate Sam West tells me that the croft is a lovely circuit to ride, he said we'll love it there.

Chris Norris says the same!

Skids, as things stand now we're back into dropping rounds. Does that mean we drop a single full round or can we choose 3 races to drop from any rounds as per when we ran with New Era?

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog.
Scott #50
Old 09-Nov-2013, 22:16
MotoGP God

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgerpilot
Chris Norris says the same!

Skids, as things stand now we're back into dropping rounds. Does that mean we drop a single full round or can we choose 3 races to drop from any rounds as per when we ran with New Era?

A final decision has yet to be made and then its getting the wording sorted.

The current thinking is either drop one whole round or any three "Did Not Start (DNS) races".

For those that do enter every round they will drop any DNS's along with their lowest point scoring finishes.

It will NOT be possible to drop DNFs, encouraging riders to ride for a result.
But allows riders to pull back points if they have bike problems early in a meeting

Old 10-Nov-2013, 00:18
DSC Club Member
500SD

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidlids
A final decision has yet to be made and then its getting the wording sorted.

The current thinking is either drop one whole round or any three "Did Not Start (DNS) races".

For those that do enter every round they will drop any DNS's along with their lowest point scoring finishes.

It will NOT be possible to drop DNFs, encouraging riders to ride for a result.
But allows riders to pull back points if they have bike problems early in a meeting

So hypothetically speaking, if you win every race apart from 3 crashes you still drop 75 points?

Apologies for getting a bit further ahead than needed at the mo.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog.
Scott #50
Old 10-Nov-2013, 09:24
Mille
Bikes: DD class B, Street Triple, Tiger 1050

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgerpilot
So hypothetically speaking, if you win every race apart from 3 crashes you still drop 75 points?

Apologies for getting a bit further ahead than needed at the mo.

All races count "simples"
Old 10-Nov-2013, 09:49
MotoGP God

I am so glad somebody else will have all this to deal with next year

Old 10-Nov-2013, 15:45
DSC Club Member
500SD

Quote:

Was just a question, in no way a head peck fella. You and the rest of the RC do a top job.

Maybe after his brilliant mud-plugging organisation Miles would fancy the task if you've had enough?

Miles?....................

Scott #50
Old 10-Nov-2013, 17:55
Big Twin
Bikes: Monster 620ie, 916Bip, Suzuki Gs500 And a Ridgeback but I have to pedal that one

Mood: Scared!
Quote:

you givin it up Kev?

I thought we were sorted for life.
Old 10-Nov-2013, 20:09
MotoGP God

Quote:
Originally Posted by mat2hew
you givin it up Kev?

I thought we were sorted for life.

Matt it was just over 12 months ago when I stepped down from the position and then it was decided that it would be an elected position for a term of 2 years. so towards the end of next season the position will become vacant and an election held.

I do get fed up of a lot of the selfish views that are often expressed at this time of year, many seem to have no idea about the original aims of DD and just want to change it into another race club class like all the others.

At present I am looking at requests from the Chief Technical officer to do something about our DD series oil issues, Anglesey, Brands, Cadwell and Pembrey this year, so 50% of events effected by oil

Also the securing of petrol tanks to reduce the likely hood of fuel spillage such as we had a delay for at Pembrey in August.

Also trying to secure a tyre deal for 2014

Putting together a 2014 Entrants spreadsheet

Updating the rule books for 2014 and Looking into how going to 9 rounds effects the rules and how to come up with alternative wording to the rule.

Thinking about the entry entitlement for Class B as at the moment its a restricted entry Class with no requirement to move on.

Yet it seems some would like to have prize money in the way of vouchers which seems a bit unfair to me on the newcomers coming into the class that would effectively be paying money to the more experienced racers finishing ahead of them. Then if the voucher system is done away next year you end up changing the rules again.

Always bearing in mind that Class B as it is now will soon die off if we don't attract New Novice racers to it each year. And the constantly rising costs don't help. Higher fuel costs, higher tyre prices, Higher entry fees from extra race and extra rounds, soon a £4k season becomes a £5 season and new racers start looking elsewhere

As far as I'm concerned DD isn't broken so why mess with it more than you have to.