Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 14-Jul-2006, 18:16
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonio600
Sorry mate didn't scan the results.
But I was joking of course, I'm sure you got it

You'd be correct

Old 14-Jul-2006, 18:37
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
Until both classes can meet the promised minimum number of entries as suggested to New Era, both classes will probably share a grid.

Or should the 583 riders get special treatment because they fail to meet this number by fewer? Its like being pregnant, either you are or you aren't.

Although I am the 620 rider's rep, I want what's best for both classes.

However, if there were more 583s, then they can have their own grid, and the 620s can go and play with the Hairnets.

Tim
Old 14-Jul-2006, 18:38
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

You can always count on someone to come along and ruin a perfectly good thread with common sense

Old 14-Jul-2006, 18:45
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: What a wonderful world.
Come on Skids, say something...
Old 14-Jul-2006, 18:59
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonio600
Come on Skids, say something...

Yeah, tell us what everyone in Class B should be thinking.
Old 14-Jul-2006, 19:03
Ducati in my Blood

I don't know about everyone but I think as Kev does
Old 14-Jul-2006, 19:03
Ducati in my Blood

(about the current issue )
Old 14-Jul-2006, 19:06
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by domski
I think you have very rosey, rose tinted glasses on Kev.

There were 24 bikes in class B at Oulton, 21 at Castle Combe, 11 at Assen, 23 at Brands and 24 at Cadwell.

Where are these 30+ riders that keep on about????

You haven't once had enough for your own grid!!!!

You have a bad habit of making out Class B is brilliant and Class A is the problem - I suggest you look a little closer to home before pointing the finger!

30+ bikes indeed!!

I make it 25 Class B riders took part at Cadwell and Lucie would have took part if noyt for a bike problem

Castle Combe several class B riders did not enter for fear of not quallifying and loosing there money or didn't see it as cheap budget class racing (ie close their shop for the Saturday and lose income make a 500 mile round trip for 2 combined grid races
and a a timed practice) that lost 2 entrants to class B

Brands there were 24 entered in Class B, Stuart Smith didn't make it due to an emergency the day before and I know for a fact a couple more didn't enter because of the cost of entering Assen

speaking of which

where the hell does Assen figure into what is meant to be cheap championship club racing

Oulton as I said there was 24 and if Griff had been fit he would have been there

Phil Harris is currently in 32nd place in the Class B championship so if my maths is right I make that 32 riders having taken part in Class B races so far this year, so does that quallify as 30+ riders

Quote:
Originally Posted by domski
Actually you're wrong.

You're a representitive - that means you represent the views of the Class B riders, not make suggestions on what you think should happen.

You're not Class B Chief Executive, you need to find out what the 30+ riders want to do. If you can find 30+ riders to ask.

What a load of **** Of course I can make suggestions as can anybody else (and you certainly make a few), any suggestions worth considering can then be voted on at a later stage.

As for people leaving Class B to race in class A, well the rules say the top 3 finishers in the Class B championship have to move up to class A, or race as non point scorers the following year in class B, so those hoping to finish in the top 3 are getting ready in advance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBs996
Opening up Class A to national licences would be the reason I won't enter next year. How many others would it cause NOT to enter the class, and would that be outweighed by the new riders attracted with a national licence?

I dunno, but needs considering cos by my way of thinking, opening up the class could easily result in lower numbers.

Now I don't recall me mentioning National Licence holders but as you have, then it should be pointed out that some DDers already quallify for a National Licence and by the end of next season so could a fair few more.

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 14-Jul-2006, 19:14
Deceased 02/10/2010 - R.I.P.
Ducati Corse

Mood: NGRRC Minitwins champion 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidlids
Phil Harris is currently in 32nd place in the Class B championship so if my maths is right I make that 32 riders having taken part in Class B races so far this year, so does that quallify as 30+ riders

Only if you are putting 30+ on the grid, otherwise it's irrelevant. You could just have 10-20 riders turn up for a race but, you could hardly legitimately claim there was 30+ on a regular basis, could you?
Old 14-Jul-2006, 19:30
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidlids
I make it 25 Class B riders took part at Cadwell and Lucie would have took part if noyt for a bike problem

Castle Combe several class B riders did not enter for fear of not quallifying and loosing there money or didn't see it as cheap budget class racing (ie close their shop for the Saturday and lose income make a 500 mile round trip for 2 combined grid races
and a a timed practice) that lost 2 entrants to class B

Brands there were 24 entered in Class B, Stuart Smith didn't make it due to an emergency the day before and I know for a fact a couple more didn't enter because of the cost of entering Assen

speaking of which

where the hell does Assen figure into what is meant to be cheap championship club racing

Oulton as I said there was 24 and if Griff had been fit he would have been there

Lot's of if's and but's.

FOUR of those 32 points scorers have only done one meeting!! So that's 28 'regulars' and one of them only did 2 meetings!

You haven't had 25 on a grid Kev. Admit it!

Quote:
What a load of **** Of course I can make suggestions as can anybody else (and you certainly make a few), any suggestions worth considering can then be voted on at a later stage.

You're correct, you can make suggestions. You can even have an opinion on things, of course you can. However, you said "As rep for the 583 class I have to consider what best serves the class they race in." which is not the case is it. It's not up to you to make any decisions on what happens with the class. It's your job to liase with the class riders and then put forward the class opinion to the race committee - and that may not me your personal opinion.

Quote:
As for people leaving Class B to race in class A, well the rules say the top 3 finishers in the Class B championship have to move up to class A, or race as non point scorers the following year in class B, so those hoping to finish in the top 3 are getting ready in advance.

I see that as the most seasoned racer in DesmoDue, you find yourself in 4th place. Will you be staying in the 'novice' class for a third season Kev, or are you ready to move up and give the novices a chance?

Quote:
Now I don't recall me mentioning National Licence holders but as you have, then it should be pointed out that some DDers already quallify for a National Licence and by the end of next season so could a fair few more.

That doesn't mean a thing though.

Thousands of racers are eligible for national licences - even you!! So what are you doing in Class B?

It's up to the rider to apply for a national licence, but for most people there is no need, so they keep a clubman licence (or whatever it is).

Last edited by domski : 14-Jul-2006 at 19:34.