Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 14-Jul-2006, 22:14
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by domski
So you need to consider the views of people that aren't even racing - but have registered an interest?

I have two issues with that.

Firstly, and it may just be the way you're wording it (so I apologise if I'm reading in to it too much), but you don't have to consider anything. It's your job to put the riders views to the MT members on the RC. You have been voted in to represent the riders, not consider points of view, or advise people (unless they ask). You need to remain completely impartial, and put forward any/every view of the riders you represent to the RC. Otherwise you're failing in your duty.

That goes for Tim as well. I expect my rider rep to act on my behalf, not pick/choose/consider what I say when speaking to the RC.

Secondly, I don't agree that someone who may have registered and interest and not yet competed, or even someone who has competed but now left the series, has a vote in any ballot regarding DD. Voting rights should only be open to 'active' competitors - however that can be established.

I don't have to put any riders views to the RC as anything the riders need to express should be by emailing the RC using the email address desmodue@ducatisportingclub.com
then if the MT side of the RC decide to act on any of these suggestion I sit there saying nothing and remain impartial and not even be allowed to express my own view after all I can't express anybody elses opinion as I'm not to have considered it.

And as for not been able to ballot people that haven't competed could cause a few problems at the begining of each season, Those that have informed the RC that they have officially withdrawn from the series will not be sent a email by me for any ballots, but I can't recall seeing any emails to that effect although I have added people like Andy Sheppard to my list as well as Phil Clarke. Lin has said on the board she is no longer racing but she may change her mind, so to could possibly Glyn and Pshyclist but I doubt it as they have sold their bikes.

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook

Last edited by skidlids : 14-Jul-2006 at 22:21.
Old 14-Jul-2006, 22:16
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: I love my 996 xxx
but dom my sweetie, skids has to collate the riders views which are never going to be the same, and from the info he gets he then has to decide on behalf of his constituants what's best. It's not for Skids to act as middle-man for each and every rider.

So yes, he does have to consider everything and then use his experience and common sense to come to a conclusion which is then presented to the committee.

And I sure hope Tim doesn't act on your behalf... I'd like him to try'n find middle ground between your opinion and mine if that's ok!
That's how I see it anyway!
Old 14-Jul-2006, 22:19
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBs996
So yes, he does have to consider everything and then use his experience and common sense to come to a conclusion which is then presented to the committee.

Like dropping Class A????

I didn't realise that was a common feeling amonst Class B riders.
Old 14-Jul-2006, 22:22
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: I love my 996 xxx
Quote:

If that's the common feeling then it'll be proposed.
Old 14-Jul-2006, 22:31
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBs996
If that's the common feeling then it'll be proposed.

Seconded.

Doh!

Last edited by domski : 14-Jul-2006 at 22:34.
Old 14-Jul-2006, 22:35
MotoGP God

Quote:

No its not common, the only person to mention it in this thread I believe is you
I mentioned it tongue in cheek in another thread where in the first post it was proposed only running one class up to 620

I'm hardly likely to make that a serious proposal having just built myself a 620,
neither do I see Dickies proposal in the best interests of Class B riders.

And lets face it this is how the day started off on the message board with a Class A entrant suggesting doing away with Class B and I suppose I'm meant to sit back be impartial and say nothing.

Old 14-Jul-2006, 22:36
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidlids
And lets face it this is how the day started off on the message board with a Class A entrant suggesting doing away with Class B and I suppose I'm meant to sit back be impartial and say nothing.

BINGO!!!!

Old 14-Jul-2006, 22:38
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

So then, how are we going to make DD better?

Anyone?
Old 14-Jul-2006, 23:11
MotoGP God

We get at least 4 riders to move up from class B to class A and those 4 sell/loan/hire their bikes to people wanting to race in Class B, then we find at least another five riders for each class and we are about there on numbers.

Stay away from circuits with larger than average grids and go to some with smaller grids such as Mallory as we stand more chance this way of getting seperate grids

Keep a lid on costs by limiting championship to 6 rounds if only one day events (I wouldn't mind the odd 2 dayer with 4 races) and only allow droping of one race result (12 races with 11 to count)

Get the start of the season confirmed early, such as first round to be the weekend that the clocks change which is late March

And lets find out who among this years entrants intends taking part next year and who also intends to enter the series anew so we can understand the numbers we are most likely to be working with

Old 15-Jul-2006, 00:06
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidlids
Stay away from circuits with larger than average grids and go to some with smaller grids such as Mallory as we stand more chance this way of getting seperate grids

Yep, I agree

We need to get away from doing Superclub rounds with 15 classes etc.

Quote:
Keep a lid on costs by limiting championship to 6 rounds if only one day events (I wouldn't mind the odd 2 dayer with 4 races) and only allow droping of one race result (12 races with 11 to count)

I like the idea of just 6 rounds (12 races) and dropping 1 race is good, coz at least it encourages people to enter all 6 rounds (good idea)

...and if we can go back to Assen, then that needs to be more of a 'fun' round rather than counting towards the main championship. Maybe we can arrange nice prizes - although I'd race there just coz it's such an amazing trip.

Quote:
Get the start of the season confirmed early, such as first round to be the weekend that the clocks change which is late March

Agreed, or early April.

Quote:
And lets find out who among this years entrants intends taking part next year and who also intends to enter the series anew so we can understand the numbers we are most likely to be working with

Yep. I'm 99% sure I'll be out there again (sorry). Barring any misfortune.

Nice one Kev