Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 04-Aug-2006, 09:14
Mille

Mood: sensational!!
748R owners,

g,day all,
i'm looking to buy a 2001 748R in red (shame it's not yellow!!). anyway, the current owner tells me it has the alloy mufflers but i was under the impression the "R" models came with the carbon termignoni mufflers and matching eprom or cpu?? anyone clarify this for me? if i need to buy some termis, what size do i need? any other tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
TIA,
paul.

Last edited by loony888 : 04-Aug-2006 at 11:12.
Old 04-Aug-2006, 10:05
GTL

paul, i can only offer a partial answer in so far as may 748R has carbon Termignoni's, but I bought them seperately from the seller.... as in I believe he didn't get them with his bike. My old 748SP and 748 SPS from new came with a pack that consisted of Termig's, paddock stand, ecu, and cover. As far as I know, the later R models didn't come with these items.
I'm sure someone will clarify this however.
Nice choice of bike by the way !
Old 04-Aug-2006, 11:36
500SD

Mood: Come on spring!!!
748r

If its the Ohlins model then it should come with stand cover and termis when new. but hes probably sold these on to make a bit of extra cash, my track bike is running a full 45mm leo vince and runs awesome, was sorted by sigma tho, my road bike has got 50mm termi half system and Ultimap chip and runs Really well after i fitted this chip! The DP chip aint all that good!!
Old 04-Aug-2006, 12:08
Deceased 02/10/2010 - R.I.P.
Ducati Corse

Mood: NGRRC Minitwins champion 2007
Y2K R's came with Showa and stand only. No pipes or chip - make sure it's not one of them.

If it's a real 01 R should come with cover, paddock stand, 50mm Termi's, DP chip. If it doesn't then it ain't an R if you get my drift - knock the price down accordingly.

Forgot to say Y2K R's were yellow only so, a red one is almost certain to be an 01 one onwards.
Old 04-Aug-2006, 14:19
Big Twin

Mood: Waiting at the Crossroads......
As far as I know all the R's came with 50mm Carbon Termi's, EPROM, stand and cover, and the 2001 model would have been no different. Usually a bike like this is well looked after and previous owners should have ensured that the package remained complete. Just make sure it really is an 'R'. I know some bikes were sold with Showa forks/shock (at a discount) on a production overlap but ideally it should be fitted with the Ohlins units - it should also have an alloy subframe. The R's have maintained a good resale value over the last few years but if the if the bike is not complete as it should be, then it gives you a good opportunity to knock a few quid off the asking. Rare to find an R with alloys cans and no 50mm Termigs as most owners put the Termig race cans on and assigned the alloy ones to the bin.
I run a 2001 R so if there's anything specific you want to know then drop me a U2U.

p.s. Red one's are faster.........
Old 04-Aug-2006, 16:38
DSC Club Member
Ducati Corse

Mood: I feel the need, the need for speed.
Talking

I can recomend the Ultimap chip with 50mm Termi`s

02 748R comes with full 50mm system and Termi`s

748R - Less is more !
Old 04-Aug-2006, 21:51
Big Twin

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz 748

I can recommend spelling recommend with two mm's........

Hope to see you again on another Surrey ride-out Gaz

Rob
Old 04-Aug-2006, 22:54
Mille

Mood: sensational!!
thanks all, it's definitely an 01, is a proper "R", has the correct gear, ohlins,4pad 4piston brembos, right rotors, alloy subframe, pinstripe around no. board in grey etc. it also has a PCIII and runs very well. the guys son is a ducati tuner with a dynojet dyno (that's how i found it). he's the original owner and the bike is immaculate so i'm guessing he's either sold them or wants to to make a bit extra. bit rude i think as i'm paying top dollar! not too late to change my mind though and look elsewhere.
paul.
Old 06-Aug-2006, 17:33
Montjuic

Mood: Saving
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz 748

02 748R comes with full 50mm system and Termi`s

Is that right ? crikey i was gonna buy a 50mm system for my 02 R don't have to now, Hmmm what can i spend the money on now ?
Old 06-Aug-2006, 18:33
Big Twin

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by wato39
Is that right ? crikey i was gonna buy a 50mm system for my 02 R don't have to now, Hmmm what can i spend the money on now ?

Alcohol, Women and Gambling.......the rest you can waste