Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 10-Mar-2013, 12:39
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
Gutted

But not as gutted as those racing. Hope everyone got back ok, looks like a fair amount of snow about, and hope Hottrax can help sort out replacement races during the rest of the season.

Roll on Oulton
Old 10-Mar-2013, 14:18
Mille
Bikes: DD class B, Street Triple, Tiger 1050

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradders

Roll on Oulton

Wet then cold, totally frustrated ditto Paul's comment forget this weekend and look forward to Oulton
Old 10-Mar-2013, 16:05
Bevel Head
Bikes: Anyones

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradders
But not as gutted as those racing. Hope everyone got back ok, looks like a fair amount of snow about, and hope Hottrax can help sort out replacement races during the rest of the season.

Roll on Oulton

Never been as cold !

It was wetter than an otters pocket in the endurance qualifying, so I wasn't exactly upset when Kev said we weren't going out.

At least the bike looks nice for another few weeks.
Old 10-Mar-2013, 16:21
Bevel Head
Bikes: Ducati Multistrada 1200S Touring, Honda CBR1100XX Superblackbird (at least it's a red one!)

Mood: Happy new owner of a Mutley !
Not so much a race weekend as a survival course! At least we are all in one piece and can look forward to Oulton
Old 10-Mar-2013, 16:41
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
What a disappointing start to the season, to wet and to cold, a week earlier and we would have had better weather.
At least we all went home in one piece which can't be said for everyone in the other classes, which is handy when some of the bikes are wanted for Prescott on April 7th

On the upside it was great to see everybody again and also to meet the majority of the new guys

Thanks to Trudi for doing a stressful job in the race office, it would be helpful if people didn't go and give her attitude over what was obviously the right decision.
Big thanks must go to the Marshall's for putting up with the weather on Saturday and to the large number of them that were still there this morning, including our own heroes in that respect of Steve Byatt and Buggsy's two lads
Also thanks to the rest of the Hants crew that turned out in force and suffered the conditions in the hope of seeing a DD race
Nice to see Matt Lawson who must be mad riding to and from the circuit on his little 500 from down by Sevenoaks
Also nice of Neal Catling to pop along and support the series, it really is a great series with such loyal support

Also thanks to Roxy for the T-Shirt and bottle of plonk

Lets hope we have better weather at Oulton

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 11-Mar-2013, 17:26
Mille
Bikes: 900ss 600ss xr400

gutted too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

very sorry to hear about that guys- dont want you to feel too sorry for me having to miss that weekend, but is a really tough 33c-38c in days and 25c-30c at night here in goa- having to do some surfing or biking in shorts and no helmet just to stay cool.
had bit of ride round in the hills further south earlier which was fun and heading up north by train and bus to mountains tomorrow so may see some snow for myself out here by the end of the week-
money and time getting bit tight so not sure if will get bike in the himalaya this time after all, but will try get my way to glacier at source of ganges just to start acclimatising to temp back home-
on positive side think i'm shedding some weight thanks to ascaris parasite and other friends so wont need worry about lightening bike this season-see you all in april for next round!!!!
Old 23-Mar-2013, 08:54
Big Twin
Bikes: Monster 620ie, 916Bip, Suzuki Gs500 And a Ridgeback but I have to pedal that one

Mood: Scared!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidlids
Nice to see Matt Lawson

ah.. Nice to see you too Kev

(it was bloody cold on the way home)
Old 23-Mar-2013, 09:42
MotoGP God

Quote:
Originally Posted by mat2hew
ah.. Nice to see you too Kev

(it was bloody cold on the way home)

You want to keep an eye on those heated grips Matt, I think Andy (Banger San) had his eyes on them

Old 24-Mar-2013, 12:29
Big Twin
Bikes: Monster 620ie, 916Bip, Suzuki Gs500 And a Ridgeback but I have to pedal that one

Mood: Scared!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidlids
You want to keep an eye on those heated grips Matt, I think Andy (Banger San) had his eyes on them

actually, I got some heated gloves at the bike show a couple of years ago, they are amazing. along with that yellow jacket that makes people move over on the motorway (they think I might be a copper I think) which is really warm and completely waterproof I didn't get too cold.

and it only took 1 & 1/2 hours.

Suzuki - there's no substitute! ..........
Old 24-Mar-2013, 19:01
MotoGP God

Not sure if my heated gloves are still about, don't think I've used them since the winter of 95/96 when working at Chertsey and traveling from Oxford, a horrible journey in the winter on a bike