Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-Nov-2013, 12:34
wanzap1 wanzap1 is offline
Registered Forum User
 
Posts: 7
Join Date: Nov 2013
Introduction...

Hi guys, I thought I would introduce myself, now I donít want to count my chickens before they hatch, but if all goes well I will be lining out next year for my first season in DD.

My name is Joe, from Ireland and yes still living here... will be making the trips over for the races and hooking up with a friend who will be racing with the same club (different class). For me the racing will be as much about the social aspect as it will be the motorbikes. Having researched the club and spoke to a member I am enthused at the prospect of racing with you guys.

I hope to get to four meets, with Anglsey and Donington top of my list, the other will need to fit in with work requirements and other commitments.

Well just thought I'd say hi and hope to see some of you next year
Quote+Reply
  #2  
Old 06-Nov-2013, 13:26
Ghost's Avatar
DSC Member Ghost Ghost is offline
DSC Club Member
Big Twin
Bikes: Ducati 749, Phil Read Replica, DD 620
 
Posts: 1,830
Join Date: Mar 2008
Mood: 2011 DD Class 'B' Champion
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanzap1
Hi guys, I thought I would introduce myself, now I donít want to count my chickens before they hatch, but if all goes well I will be lining out next year for my first season in DD.

My name is Joe, from Ireland and yes still living here... will be making the trips over for the races and hooking up with a friend who will be racing with the same club (different class). For me the racing will be as much about the social aspect as it will be the motorbikes. Having researched the club and spoke to a member I am enthused at the prospect of racing with you guys.

I hope to get to four meets, with Anglsey and Donington top of my list, the other will need to fit in with work requirements and other commitments.

Well just thought I'd say hi and hope to see some of you next year
Hello Joe, welcome aboard, you don't say what class you are interested in A or B. Either way you will enjoy it emensely. Also Where in Ireland?? Look forward to meeting you. The DD paddock is very sociable.
Quote+Reply
  #3  
Old 06-Nov-2013, 13:36
wanzap1 wanzap1 is offline
Registered Forum User
 
Posts: 7
Join Date: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost
Hello Joe, welcome aboard, you don't say what class you are interested in A or B. Either way you will enjoy it emensely. Also Where in Ireland?? Look forward to meeting you. The DD paddock is very sociable.

If the bike purchase goes according to plan (no reason why it shouldn't) it will be class B

I'm from the very north, close to the North coast, County Antrim!
Quote+Reply
  #4  
Old 06-Nov-2013, 14:06
mat2hew's Avatar
mat2hew mat2hew is offline
Registered Forum User
Big Twin
Bikes: Monster 620ie, 916Bip, Suzuki Gs500 And a Ridgeback but I have to pedal that one
 
Posts: 1,000
Join Date: Aug 2008
Mood: Scared!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost
you will enjoy it immensely. Also Where in Ireland?? Look forward to meeting you. The DD paddock is very sociable.

good luck Joe, I hope we see you about next year, I second everything that Ghostie said.

Also will you be bringing samples of 'proper' Guinness with you?

matt
Quote+Reply
  #5  
Old 06-Nov-2013, 14:07
mat2hew's Avatar
mat2hew mat2hew is offline
Registered Forum User
Big Twin
Bikes: Monster 620ie, 916Bip, Suzuki Gs500 And a Ridgeback but I have to pedal that one
 
Posts: 1,000
Join Date: Aug 2008
Mood: Scared!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost
you don't say what class you are interested in A or B.

he's just worried about any extra competition...
Quote+Reply
  #6  
Old 06-Nov-2013, 16:10
dunlop0_1's Avatar
dunlop0_1 dunlop0_1 is offline
Registered Forum User
Big Twin
 
Posts: 1,568
Join Date: May 2009
A better paddock I don't think you will find. Especially if I turn up.
Quote+Reply
  #7  
Old 06-Nov-2013, 19:15
Ghost's Avatar
DSC Member Ghost Ghost is offline
DSC Club Member
Big Twin
Bikes: Ducati 749, Phil Read Replica, DD 620
 
Posts: 1,830
Join Date: Mar 2008
Mood: 2011 DD Class 'B' Champion
Quote:
Originally Posted by mat2hew
good luck Joe, I hope we see you about next year, I second everything that Ghostie said.

Also will you be bringing samples of 'proper' Guinness with you?

matt
Matt the proper stuff is 120miles South in Dublin.
Joe I've worked around your area on vehicles in the barracks BallyKelly etc. Also walked the Balintoy rope bridge. Nice part of the world to live.
Quote+Reply
  #8  
Old 07-Nov-2013, 07:28
skidlids's Avatar
DSC Region Organiser skidlids skidlids is online now
MotoGP God
 
Posts: 18,261
Join Date: Apr 2002
Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Hi Joe
Look forward to seeing you on the grid next season, certainly will be a few miles clocked up on your part to get to the meetings. As Neil says it's a sociable paddock with a lot of friendly rivalry yet with a willingness to help each other out


Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Quote+Reply
  #9  
Old 07-Nov-2013, 10:13
Ghost's Avatar
DSC Member Ghost Ghost is offline
DSC Club Member
Big Twin
Bikes: Ducati 749, Phil Read Replica, DD 620
 
Posts: 1,830
Join Date: Mar 2008
Mood: 2011 DD Class 'B' Champion
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidlids
Hi Joe
Look forward to seeing you on the grid next season, certainly will be a few miles clocked up on your part to get to the meetings. As Neil says it's a sociable paddock with a lot of friendly rivalry yet with a willingness to help each other out
But with more scathing p155 taking. 😜
Quote+Reply
  #10  
Old 07-Nov-2013, 14:22
badgerpilot's Avatar
DSC Member badgerpilot badgerpilot is offline
DSC Club Member
500SD
Bikes: Badger DD A #50, Multistrada 1200s
 
Posts: 756
Join Date: May 2009
Mood: More chilled than a polar bear's d**k
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost
But with more scathing p155 taking. 😜

That'll be much easier with your bladder boulders out Phil!

Welcome aboard Joe, don't forget to ditch your mate and muck in with us council racers. See you next season..


It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog.
Scott #50
Quote+Reply
  
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes
Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Recent Posts - Contact Us - DSC Home - Archive - Top
Powered by vBulletin 3.5.4 - Copyright © 2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. - © Ducati Sporting Club UK - All times are GMT +1. The time now is 22:01.