Ducati Sporting Club UK

Prev   Next
Old 23-May-2006, 18:16
Big Twin

Is my chain about to snap?

Dragged the bike out the garage to give it a good clean afters Sunday big run out. Got the bike up on the paddock stand and noticed the chain was very slack. Now I mean VERY slack as in so slack that I reckon I could unhook it from the rear sprocket without too much effort.

Bikes done about 11k miles and I have looked after the chain with regular cleanings with a toothbrush and Duck oil, have always kept it well lubed and until a few weeks ago I used PJ1. Last few weeks I have used the Wurth dry lube. I checked the chain a few days ago and tension seemed ok, I lubed it using the Wurth stuff on the Saturday night in preparation for Sundays run out.

Did just over 400 miles on Sunday the last 150 or so in very wet conditions.

Is my chain about to snap? I dont really just want to adjust it to the proper settings only to have it snap a few miles down the road. I have checked the swingarm pinch bolts and they are done up to the correct torque so its not as if they were left loose on its recent service.

Dont want to ride the bike as it is.

Thought anyone?