Old 09-Jul-2006, 23:02
Big Twin

Mood: Can't make me mind up
851/888 gathering piccies

Old 10-Jul-2006, 10:29
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
Yes it was a good day out. A nice run up, with the Big KB leading us on a nice brisk tow through to Melton Mowbray on some cracking roads (but then the BHCN know those roads are good uns don't we), followed by a big hug from the lovely KB when we got there.

I suppose like BC I was slightly dissapointed that more folks couldn't make it, but I know that some were struggling to finish rebuilds and MOT's in time. Plus the fact that there are obviously fewer T8's about than 916 series and 999 series.

What was good to see was that the bikes that were there were obviously well loved and the attention to detail that has been put into them is stunning. There were some lovely little details and really thoughtfull tweaks that had kept the bikes up to speed with more modern stuff and yet preserved the character of the bike. Simply superb. Can't single any one bike out, they all had something to get excited about and going up there has given me much food for thought in the plans I have for mine.

And that, as Rob B said, is half the fun of owning T8's. They are fabulous to ride (although I still want to know why my bike was the only one with as many dead flies on it ), but as well as the riding there is all the trawling through eBay, chasing down trick bits, planning what you really want to make your own bike that little bit more special to you and then making it happen.

I was also pleased to see that despite the fact that all the bikes had something to drool over, not one of them had turned out the same as I want my bike to turn out like. T8's? A little bit of individuality, that's what it's all about.

I like the last pic Philthy, nice for everyone to cluster around my bike trying to hide the missing fairing bolt from the camera....oh and there's Lee holding my camera, so I can blame him for leaving it behind

The Patent Jools Mood Meter -Today I am:

___________^
Old 10-Jul-2006, 11:35
Big Twin

Mood: Ducati-less!
They look great, good turn out
Old 10-Jul-2006, 13:03
Big Twin

Mood: Black and grey (and a bit of red)
Damn Damn Damn!

As usual with pictures hosted in Personal Pages, I can't see them! Could anyone be bothered to e-mail these to me at mark.adams@uk.ngrid.com?

Would be v. grateful

BC
Old 10-Jul-2006, 19:47
500SD

Mood: happy
Wish I'd been there, looks great
Old 11-Jul-2006, 16:22
Ducati Corse

It was a great day.