Ducati Sporting Club UK
Ducati Press Releases
Information from the Factory and Ducati UK.
ALL content published here is copyright of Ducati and cannot be used without their express permission.

Old 10-Apr-2024, 14:07
The Webteam
DSC Club Rep
Webteam
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: A Virtual Ducati

Post Americas GP: The Ducati Lenovo Team arrives in Austin, Texas, for the third round of the 2024 MotoGP season

MotoGP | Round 3 - Americas GP 2024 |

Americas GP: The Ducati Lenovo Team arrives in Austin, Texas, for the third round of the 2024 MotoGP season

The Ducati Lenovo Team flies overseas again to tackle the third round of the 2024 MotoGP season, the Americas GP, scheduled for April 12-14 at the Circuit of The Americas in Texas.

The track, located near the city of Austin, has been on the calendar since 2013 and will host the MotoGP Grand Prix for the eleventh time this year. At COTA, Ducati has scored eight podiums so far, while it has only triumphed on one occasion in 2022 with Enea Bastianini. For the Ducati Lenovo Team rider, who was competing for the Gresini Racing MotoGP team at that time, it was his second success in the premier class. Fresh off a solid weekend in Portugal, which saw him take pole position on Saturday and second place in Sunday's GP, Bastianini arrives in America to maintain momentum.

On the other side of the garage, it's redemption time for teammate Francesco Bagnaia. Forced to retire in Portugal following a collision, the Ducati Lenovo Team rider had been one of the main protagonists in last year's Grand Prix of the Americas, setting the pole position and winning the Sprint race. However, he narrowly missed out on the GP victory, as he crashed out of the lead. Bagnaia arrives in the United States motivated to return fighting for victory.

After the first two rounds of the season, Bastianini is third in the overall standings, with Bagnaia in fourth. Meanwhile, Ducati and the Ducati Lenovo Team lead the constructors' and teams' standings, respectively.

Enea Bastianini (#23, Ducati Lenovo Team) - 3rd (39 points):
"I'm thrilled to return to America, where I missed racing last year due to the shoulder injury. COTA is a track I deeply enjoy, and it holds fond memories of 2022, when I clinched my second MotoGP win, my favourite of that year. Following the performance in Portugal, I arrive in Austin feeling motivated and confident. I anticipate a fierce Grand Prix, but we're well-prepared: we have a solid base setup and a clear understanding of areas for improvement, so we're determined to contend at the forefront again this weekend."

Francesco Bagnaia (#1, Ducati Lenovo Team) - 4th (37 points):
"The Grand Prix of the Americas is one of my favourites on the calendar: the track is fantastic, I enjoy Austin a lot, and even the event's atmosphere is different. I arrive in America motivated and ready to redeem myself: last year, we were competitive all weekend, and if I hadn't crashed, we would have won the Sunday race too. I expect many fast riders this year, and it definitely will be challenging, but we have a good base from which to start. In the last GP in Portugal, the feeling with the bike was very good, but then, in the race on Sunday, we missed something. So, working to avoid that happening again will be important."

The Ducati Lenovo Team riders will take to the track on Friday, April 12th, at 10:45am local time (GMT -5.00) for the first free practice session of the Americas GP.

Circuit Information

Name: Circuit Of The Americas
Best Lap: Rins (Honda) 2:03.126 (161.1 km/h) – 2023
Circuit Record: Bagnaia (Ducati), 2:01.892 (162,8 km/h) – 2023
Top Speed: Viñales (Aprilia), 356,4 km/h – 2023
Track Length: 5.51 km
Sprint Race Distance: 10 laps (55.10 km)
Race Distance: 20 laps (110.2 km)
Corners: 20 (11 left, 9 right)

2023 Results
Podium: 1° Rins (Honda); 2° Marini (Ducati), 3° Quartararo (Yamaha)
Pole Position: Bagnaia (Ducati) 2:01.892 (162,8 km/h)
Fastest Lap: Rins (Honda) 2:03.126 (161.1 km/h)

Riders' Information

Francesco Bagnaia
Bike: Desmosedici GP
Race Number: 1
GPs Started: 193 (88 x MotoGP, 36 x Moto2, 69 x Moto3)
First GP: Qatar 2019 (MotoGP), Qatar 2017 (Moto2), Qatar 2013 (Moto3)
Wins: 29 (19 MotoGP + 8 Moto2 + 2 Moto3)
Sprint Wins: 4
First GP Win: Aragón 2021 (MotoGP), Qatar 2018 (Moto2), Netherlands 2016 (Moto3)
Pole Positions: 25 (18 MotoGP + 6 Moto2 + 1 Moto3)
First Pole: Qatar 2021 (MotoGP), France 2018 (Moto2), Britain 2016 (Moto3)
World Titles: 3 (MotoGP 2023, MotoGP 2022, Moto2 2018)

Enea Bastianini
Bike: Desmosedici GP
Race Number: 23
GPs Started: 172 (51 x MotoGP, 33 x Moto2, 88 x Moto3)
First GP: Qatar 2021 (MotoGP), Qatar 2019 (Moto2), Qatar 2014 (Moto3)
Wins: 11 (5 MotoGP + 3 Moto2 + 3 Moto3)
First GP Win: Qatar 2022 (MotoGP), Andalucía 2020 (Moto2), San Marino 2015 (Moto3)
Pole Positions: 11 (2 MotoGP + 9 Moto3)
First Pole: Austria 2022 (MotoGP), Catalunya 2015 (Moto3)
World Titles: 1 (Moto2 2020)

Championship Information

Riders' Standings
Enea Bastianini (#23 Ducati Lenovo Team) - 3° (39 points)
Francesco Bagnaia (#1 Ducati Lenovo Team) – 4º (37 points)

Constructors' Standings
Ducati – 1º (71 points)

Teams' Standings
Ducati Lenovo Team – 1º (76 points)

If you experience any problems or have suggestions on improvements whilst visiting our website, please contact the Webteam by Personal Message or by emailing us.