Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 07-Aug-2006, 10:36
BSB Star

Mood: the rain in spain falls mainly on me!
**** me! you got shares in new era. lol

yeah i know what you mean but i dont know who is speaking to new era on our behalf at the moment, if anyone, we just need one person to put our point across. i know its a bussiness but from our point of view to maintain DD as a 'cheap novice' series we need it sorted.

one free practice, qualifying, and two races is alot more attractive than 10 mins qualifying and one race for someone starting out/on a budget.

we just need to find who meets our needs best. we still offer income of circa 5k to someone. new era may well still offer the best for us. i dont know, we just need to find out now.
Old 07-Aug-2006, 10:54
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: Diavel, very non-std black & white ;)

Mood: Lucky? For some, maybe!
Exclamation

As far as I'm aware both PJ and Monty have been, and still are, chasing up JP/New Era about the situation with DD grids, but as for your entries into SV's and/or SOT I think thats over and above their remit. You have the right, as members of New Era, to take that up with them.
As Skidlids has mentioned before, don't forget "we" reached an agreement with New Era at the beginning of this season that meant they would give us two races for 583's and 620's providing we gave them enough support i.e. 25 entrants in each class. Although we still vastly outnumber some of the other (very well established) classes for entrants our fledgling series has not been able to back up our side of the arrangement and provide 25 bikes on each grid.
Whilst the RC are talking to New Era you should continue to address your queries to the DD e-mail address and see what happens.
Old 07-Aug-2006, 10:54
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: 900,900,851,750,750,750, 600,600,450,350,350,250
As I've commented before ... part of the problem we are having is that the SUPERCLUB events are a higher profile than is suitable for a 'cheap novice' series.
NE are obviously trying to raise the profile even more, and that goes against what the DD class needs.

Additionally, if you read your entry notes, NE are obviously having hothead problems - with people crashing on the sighting laps and delaying the whole meeting ... which is again something that DD really does not need either.