Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 05-Aug-2006, 19:30
500SD

Clutchy things

I replaced my clutch master cylinder today and did all the bleeding thing as suggested in the haynes manual but somehow it don't seem right now.

I replaced it with a direct OE cyclinder from another monster. The replacement came with this blue rubber washer with a pointed bit on one edge where the cylinder fits to the hose - but the existing cyclinder did not have one of these so I did not use it andanyway I couldn't see how it would fit on anyway.

Having done all the fitting and bleeding the lever seems quite easy to pull in and there doesn't seem to be any bite point if that makes sense.

Also the screw adjuster has a blob of some sort of glue on it that seems to have been placed there on purpose. Very strange I thought!

Now I havn't really done anything like this before so my question is really does it sound like I have done something majorly wrong. If someone has a few simple steps that i could follow to troubleshoot it would be most appreciated.

I hope that all makes sense

Many thanks

Franco
Old 05-Aug-2006, 20:36
500SD

Ok been for a spin to check it out and the clutch only works only within millimeters of letting the lever out...horrible!!!

Any ideas?

Cheers

Franco
Old 05-Aug-2006, 20:46
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
Sounds like there could be still some air in the system.
The blob of resin is there for a reason,....to stop the screw being overtightened.
Old 06-Aug-2006, 10:26
500SD

Thanks KeefyB. Will try again on the bleeding front but the blob of resin is actually covering the slot for the screwdriver to fit in so even if i wanted to tighten the screw I couldn't get the screwdriver in there!! Very odd.
Old 06-Aug-2006, 10:28
Ducati Corse

I don't think you are meant to touch that screw. The resin is to stop it vibrating out.